complaining about games poll

sick and tired of complaints on games yet to be released?

• make it stop!

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • I love thems complaints

Votes: 26 49.1%

• Total voters

sirsnits

[H]ard|Gawd
I started this poll because every tech/gaming forum i go to there are almost always posts about people bashing games and complaining that it (the game) will probably suck.

Im starting to see a trend on many unreleased games being beaten up on by people who have not even played the game.

For Example someone posted on MGS "I didn't buy a game to watch a movie.
If I wanted to watch a movie I wouldn't be playing a game." :and another: "90 minutes of cut scenes 4 hrs of gameplay.. Take your game and shove it up your ass. It has no color, it's taking way too long to ship. Move on, your game sucks. Its just a movie with little gameplay."

thats just a tiny snippet of a example of what is being said about many yet to be released, or even announced games.

I just find it really annoying that people complain about an unreleased game, then maybe even buy it when its released and probably will enjoy it.

i know its usually the young'ns posting random complaints, it just gets really annoying when I see it everywhere and usually outweighing the positive comments.

anyone else feel this way?

No, because most of the newer games do suck.
/old fart

PS - but not all. I love almost all of valves stuff, loved bioshock, supcom, a few others. Blizzard rarely disappoints either. Personally I think the concept of eyecandy over gameplay has been the biggest factor.

ha ha, i am 21, old fart was funny tho.
im happy with the huge selection of games available to me, and even if i don't enjoy a certain game, i still like to have it as part of my library. i usually don't regret buying a game, unless its extremely buggy, or has to be really really bad, along the lines of "aqua man".

I am the old fart, not you. (I remember when pong came out) But I am tried of buying games and finding out later I hate them. Im super excited about Mass Effect for PC for example, but im not getting it until its been out a while and some trsuted reviews come in.

It depends on how the person bitches about the game. If they go crying about it like a three year old then they need to be ignored.

I'm 22 and I could be considered an 'old fart' when it comes to game choices. If it doesn't push the genre I don't typically buy it.

Valve and Blizzard always have my money (save for WoW).

I'll agree that there are a lot of derivitive games that do nothing to expand gaming and then a developer comes out of no where and blows everyone away. You just learn to sift through the garbage to find the gems.

I hate complaining because its trendy. I am going to complain about complaining.

Kyle should PERBAN anyone who bashes a game that hasn't COME OUT yet.

that is all

Kyle should PERBAN anyone who bashes a game that hasn't COME OUT yet.

that is all

A little harsh, don't ya think? Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That's what makes the forum fun.

Speculation on games and hardware before they come out is [H]'s meat and potatoes.

The bashing of soon-to-be released games really doesn't bother me... What bugs the shit out of me, is the constant bitching about PC vs. Console. :mad:

I'd rather see a stop to console bashing. It's probably the single biggest waste of time in all human history.

Heh, speculation probably makes up a good chunk of [H]. Dare you to venture into the videocard discussions, people love talking about how they think the hardware will peform, even without any evidence.

If Kyle perma-banned everyone who posted like this, we'd only have tumbleweeds blowing through here.

What bugs the shit out of me, is the constant bitching about PC vs. Console. :mad:

you have my heart on that one, different machines with their own set of rules, i like them all.

for games in the waiting room, i don't mind if people are not sure on the idea if they like it or not, like mild discussions of certain mechanics or washed out familiar game play, but when i go to a forum (not particularly this one) and l see people discussing certain games not yet available to the public, and more than half the posts are negative (almost the majority), even tho there was only a 1, 10 second clip released that doesn't reflect on what the game will be like upon release.

and quit regular posts of "this games looks like crap, or sucks", usually more spread out of course.

i hate to use the coined word "fanboy", but could it be possible that the majority of the complainers only have one console, or pc only.

i own then all, so that could be the difference between my mind set on things.

yes, everybody does have an opinion.

I'd rather see a stop to console bashing. It's probably the single biggest waste of time in all human history.

I agree. 95% of the time (I just pulled that figure out of my dupa) its the pc users bashing the consoles.

Heh, speculation probably makes up a good chunk of [H]. Dare you to venture into the videocard discussions, people love talking about how they think the hardware will peform, even without any evidence.

very true, i would put it in the same category, i like to see real numbers from the public rather than "what we think it might be".

its like saying "i hate chocolate cake, i have never tasted chocolate cake, but i know it will probably taste like acid in my mouth".

People talk about games, including ones that haven't come out yet. That's what the gaming forums are for. As long as they're expressed in a mature fashion, I have no problem with opinions or speculation about future releases.

speculation is fine, but when people complain at how crappy the game will be without even knowing anything about it except for a few screen grabs and maybe a little trailer, it kinda gets annoying after the 100,00 post pretty much as similar to the previous.

like i was on a forum that was discussing the new street fighter, i know it seems to be highly anticipated, and looks to be really promising, but all i see in the post's are "this looks like crap!" or "this will be a failure for sure" and so on in that fashion for the majority of posts, i would think that would be a tag ignorant don't you think?

and the ones who are mature about it or post a good response towards the game, usually get flamed.

If you want something great it does not always mean fast, they need time to prefect it or you get broken, glitchy games

I am the old fart, not you. (I remember when pong came out) But I am tried of buying games and finding out later I hate them. Im super excited about Mass Effect for PC for example, but im not getting it until its been out a while and some trsuted reviews come in.

You know it's been out a very long time now right? PC and 360 versions aren't different in any way that would change the evaluation of whether it's a good game.

People speculate and complain on forums, that what they're here for.

Complaining about complaiers is just a tiny bit ironic.

ironic... possibly, im not really complaining about those who discuss what the game might be like.

im mostly talking about the posts that fill up half or more of the threads with people saying stuff like "this looks like shit" or "This game will probably suck ass".

they have no clue how the game will be, they never played it yet.

Anyone else see the hypocrisy of gamers bashing games that they haven't played based solely on what others have told them and then getting pissed off when someone else like Cooper Lawrence does the same (For those that don't know who she is, read the Controversies section of the Mass Effect wiki here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect )?

Back