• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Compact Presario V2000 screen problems.

Red~Mage

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
78
So I'm having this issue with this laptop's display. The screen is incredibly dark and I can just barely make things out (helps if I use a flashlight). I thought it might be the blacklight at first, but If I press the stand-by button, I get a clear picture (if only for a second). It also works fine if I use an external monitor.

What could be causing this?
 
It's a typical defect problem w/ Compaq cheap end screen. There is nothing you can do, replace it under warranty.

Buy the business class 3 yr. warranty laptop in the future
 
either buy a NW or NC series HP business class machine from now on, or check your method of payment. IF you pay by credit card, most credit card c/w 1 yr. extended warranty
 
How incredibly bizarre.

I had been using it with a secondary monitor for a while... when my battery died I began charging it and it the monitor suddenly started working again. Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll keep it in mind next time I decide to buy a new laptop.
 
Back
Top