Command And Conquer Generals 2 - $0.00

Hmmmm.....

Site is either incredibly slow or down.

EDIT: Finally went through. Gameplay trailer LOOKS amazing, though I am wondering how exactly this will be F2P. I assume micro-transactions, which for an RTS seems super lame.

Last edited:
This is going to suck as f2p. I wish this model would disappear. I was actually willing to plunk down $60 on this if it was good, but as f2p I really don't think I will even play it then... I hate companies trying to push products down your throat via in game adds and making it unfair if you don't keep up with the units/items/etc...

F2P has a place in certain genres but RTS is not one of them.

For instance, I think Tribes: Ascend does F2P pretty well.

F2P has a place in certain genres but RTS is not one of them.

For instance, I think Tribes: Ascend does F2P pretty well.

But the thing about Tribes: Ascend is that you can earn everything just by playing the game. The transactions are for getting the unlocks early mainly.

I find it hard to believe that EA would allow you to unlock all units/maps/etc by playing a large amount. I have a feeling it will be a base game then you either pay a subscription or buy individual unit/country packs separately.

Can we stop calling this game-type F2P and move on to only using Pay 2 win then...

:rolleyes:

You don't even know the details yet. One of the biggest (and very profitable) f2p games, League of Legends does not contain any gameplay advantage for paying customers.

Even in their paid games like BF3, premium subscription users are getting extra advantages like double exp weekends, server queue priority and so on.

Does anyone really expect EA to merely sell cosmetic skins? lol.

EA don't care about making competitive games.

Games like LOL have output the microtranactions brilliantly. I know people that poor money into skins and such, though I don't understand it. It makes perfect sense to do with RTS games. Like if you played SC2 and paid $5 to have a custom Marine skin or a funky looking command center. That would be cool. If they keep it harmless and I get the game for free, I'm all for it.

Though dipshit games like DDO where you pay for stats. I hope they get cancer.

Hmmmm.....

Site is either incredibly slow or down.

EDIT: Finally went through. Gameplay trailer LOOKS amazing, though I am wondering how exactly this will be F2P. I assume micro-transactions, which for an RTS seems super lame.

Probably super heavy weapons like the mammoth tanks, or special air support.

I'm guessing this means no single player and cast of actors with a couple hot chicks thrown in.

Really dissapointed, it is now clear that I won't get another good C&C game until EA sells it. It might never happen.

Back