coming back to mining --> get me caught up?

mkrohn

2[H]4U
Anybody with some cliff notes? I still have some 750ti's and some oddball AMD's. and basically all of my mobo's, CPU's, RAM, PSU's so for purchases I would ONLY have GPU's to stock up on if GPU's are useful anywhere.

The cliff notes is "sell all your stuff". ASICs have made GPUs extremely irrelevant.

If you try to buy an ASIC as a home user hobbyist and you aren't one of the big industrials that have connections to the ASIC makers, difficulty will have increased by 20 to 30 percent by the time your ASIC arrives, making the ASIC no longer profitable.

You'd have to mine a coin that is gpu only like x11 (dash). Im not sure of all the possibilities because i sold my miners a long time ago. The difficulty is getting pretty high though, its probably not worth it.

thinking about finding a pool and firing the BFL up for the winter, for the heat not the coin, probably make .0001 all winter

I think even using it for heat at this point is an inefficient waste.
A old ceramic heater from CrapBay would be a wiser choice.

I think even using it for heat at this point is an inefficient waste.
A old ceramic heater from CrapBay would be a wiser choice.

watts is watts my friend, very little goes out the ethernet port

conservation of energy and all that...oh, why do I bother

It's crossed my mind to get into mining specifically for the heat, if I could get like 20kw worth of equipment it would slightly offset the heating cost, but from what I understand mining no longer pays for itself anymore. You'd pay more in electricity than what you produce. So may as well just continue to heat with natural gas as it's cheaper than electricity for now.

It's crossed my mind to get into mining specifically for the heat, if I could get like 20kw worth of equipment it would slightly offset the heating cost, but from what I understand mining no longer pays for itself anymore. You'd pay more in electricity than what you produce. So may as well just continue to heat with natural gas as it's cheaper than electricity for now.

that would be why I was specifically mentioning 750ti's. Last I knew you could use a bunch of those rather power friendly ones, generate a good amount of heat but get quite a bit more per watt. I don't think I've seen what the newer cards are doing.

that would be why I was specifically mentioning 750ti's. Last I knew you could use a bunch of those rather power friendly ones, generate a good amount of heat but get quite a bit more per watt. I don't think I've seen what the newer cards are doing.

why not do F@H or some scientific research....society as a whole gains nothing by putting more TFLOPs at the crypto network. The network is completely solvent so throwing more processing as it is ultimately a waste as a whole vs throwing it at scientific research.

why not do F@H or some scientific research....society as a whole gains nothing by putting more TFLOPs at the crypto network. The network is completely solvent so throwing more processing as it is ultimately a waste as a whole vs throwing it at scientific research.

well...unless you see decentralized, open source money as a good thing in its own right

well...unless you see decentralized, open source money as a good thing in its own right

it is but are you going to make anything worth while? What is 50 doallars going to do with that kind of hardware? If you were going to buy a 1500 watt ASIC thats another story.

I myself was considering that at one point but I figured I would be better off just getting a progressive press and bartering bullets. Plus I would also have plenty of practiced rounds and stock pile for my own needs.

In the end which is going to serve you better money or bullets? If we look at the overall picture of all possible cases....

it is but are you going to make anything worth while? What is 50 doallars going to do with that kind of hardware? If you were going to buy a 1500 watt ASIC thats another story.

I myself was considering that at one point but I figured I would be better off just getting a progressive press and bartering bullets. Plus I would also have plenty of practiced rounds and stock pile for my own needs.

In the end which is going to serve you better money or bullets? If we look at the overall picture of all possible cases....

that's a no brainer right there. If shit hits the fan the real currency will be twinkies.

If you have 750ti machines (or any maxwell nvidia), you can mine spreadcoin pretty well. I would recommend holding some for a while. They're going to explode in the near future, in my opinion. The BTC node support and data mining should make profits. Or mine nicehash quark. I still manage to pay my electricity and internet bill with mining, though it was break even barely during the summer. It can be done

how about combination of folding and one or two of the coins around that ? Not sure what the rates are ... And if it give you any monetary profit ...

Only if you already own "free hardware" or your heating system is broken. :)

Back