Comcast Question

war_child

Limp Gawd
I recently ordered comcast hence my questions below. I read the end user agreement
http://www.comcast.net/terms/use.jsp

This one really caught my eye:

Prohibited Uses and Activities
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, using the Service, Customer Equipment, or the Comcast Equipment to:

(x) connect multiple computers behind the cable modem to set up a LAN (Local Area Network) that in any manner would result in a violation of the terms of this Policy or an applicable Service plan;

These are the things I currently do within my house. I do not want to get in trouble nor do I want to get a big monster bill. I'm hoping you folks have some experience with comcast.

1. Run a domain controller (IIS personal site)(WUS server for updates)
2. My PC (day to day use)
3. My sons computer (day to day use)
4. Wife and daughters computer (day to day use)

All behind a router Hmm what you folks think?

The key here is, "in any manner would result in a violation of the terms of this Policy or an applicable Service plan";

Run a router and you'll be fine.

I am running a exchange server, iis, ftp server, and webcam off my Comcast account with just a little port forwarding through my router. no problems.

they dont care, although when you call for tech support they ask if you have a router. When I say yes, they try to pass the blame off on the non comcast router, but tis cool they dont care.

jojasary said:
they dont care, although when you call for tech support they ask if you have a router. When I say yes, they try to pass the blame off on the non comcast router, but tis cool they dont care.
bypass router before you call

believe me nothing ticks them off more then having to wait on the line 10 minutes for hte end user to bypass router...believe me :eek:

Leb_CRX said:
bypass router before you call

believe me nothing ticks them off more then having to wait on the line 10 minutes for hte end user to bypass router...believe me :eek:

or just tell them you don't have a router!

[..:: magnetik ::..]

Agreed.. bypass before you call for support.

They don't really care what equipment you run on your side of the connection.. as posted above, its a CYA kind of thing. As long as you have a router, you'll be fine.

Back