• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

comcast HDTV -->2405 --> Computer audio setup? HELP PLEASE

Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
935
I have a noobish question regarding Comcast HiDef / the Dell 2405 and audio hookup.

I have Logitech z5300e 5.1 speaker setup and Creative Audigy 2 eX platinum soundcard with the breakout box (with all the connections on the box Optical, Firewire, misc inputs, etc)

I plan on buying the 2405 (or the 2407 if released) and getting an additional Comcast Box (HDTV box) to put up here with my computer.

I just want to be sure that I will be able to get 5.1 audio out of my HDTV box. Am I safe to assume that all HDTV boxes have Optical OUTPUTS, and that getting audio from it would just be as simple as connecting the HDTV box to the sound card breakout box?

I am kinda wishing i got the Logitech 5500's with the audio input/switching feature, but if I can get this to work this way I will be equally as happy
 
The comcast HD box will have optical outs. (that's how I have mine) but I run to a reciever instead. You should be able to run into the breakout box but make sure you set your soundcard to dolby digital passthrough to get true 5.1
 
Back
Top