Comcast 16mpbs service 29.99 for 6 months.

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
If you live in the south Florida area and are a current subscriber to Comcast internet, they have a special going on for 29.99 for 6 months of the 16mbps down 2mbps up service. I could not find the deal on their website, however I used the online chat service and told them I was interested in increasing my speed. They advised me of the deal. It may be nationwide, but I know for a fact it is down here. Good luck.

I got the flyer in the mail today.

Still wouldn't touch with your dick on a 10 foot pole.

thats the service i have in jacksonville florida after 6 months itll double in price :(

Isn't Comcast cap? What's the point of a big fat pipe if you're going to hit the limit within weeks.

Sounds super cheap, even if the rate is doubled.

I pay about $95/mo for 12 down, 2 up with 16 statics.

$60 a month for 16 down isn't too bad. My full price Comcast is $55 right now and I think it's advertised 12 down. That being said, I never hit about 7 on speedtest.net.

sometimes, no matter how cheap something is, even if it's free, it can still not be worth it.

Isn't Comcast cap? What's the point of a big fat pipe if you're going to hit the limit within weeks.

This.

Although if you arnt torrenting a bunch of hd movies you probably wont hit the cap anyways. Last I heard it was 250gb/month?

Would be nice to have for all my steam games. I hate going "o i want to play this today". on my day off. Then it's a 6 hour dl so i don't get to play till next Sunday anyways.

I also only play steam games and some WoW every now and then. I will never hit the cap. However, I am paying 30 a month now for 6mbps, so its a steal for almost 3 times the speed.

Comcast is the only provider in this area, and as much as you guys bash it, it still is awesome for me, I have NO complaints on service at all. To each his own.

Comcast isn't that bad. No ISP or TV provider I've been with has been "great." There's no real competition so you take what you can get and try to enjoy it. Yay for corporate lobbyists coercing government officials to allow oligopolies.

[LYL]Homer;1036194007 said:

Not defending what is going on with the companies and how this industry is ran but there is no way you are going to chew through 250gb legally with a rational explanation unless you are constantly streaming out Linux distros and installing and uninstalling your entire Steam library.

I got extremely close to exceeding my 250GB for 2 months straight because:
a) I take lots of 1080p 60fps video with my camcorder - I probably generate around 10-20 gigs a month
b) I take lots of 10mp photos - Probably another gig per month
c) I use Mozy to back up said video and photos

I had about 300 gigs to upload via Mozy, which took 11 days or so. Luckily it spanned over 2 calendar months. Either way, I got close to the cap. Also, because of net neutrality, I believe any on-demand TV services, Netflix, etc. are all included in the 250G. Comcast won't discriminate, even if it's on-demand through their cable box.

how do they justify a cap,the equipment is always in operation so my using what I pay for implements no additional operational cost increase
my ball my rules

how do they justify a cap,the equipment is always in operation so my using what I pay for implements no additional operational cost increase
my ball my rules

Well unfortunately if you're using their service, it's their ball their rules. Their justification has been and still is: "The majority won't ever see such high usage, and those who do are a tiny minority who hog up all the bandwidth."

Of course there's also a hidden disclaimer that reads: "suck it bitchez! need moar executive bonuses! who cares if we keep lagging behind the rest of the world, my 20th ferrali just went on fire again!"

The reason they have the cap is that if they encouraged people to sit at home and pirate all day, they'd have to raise their prices to cover installing more fiber and more last-mile infrastructure. Then, all the people that just want to use e-mail, play games, etc. wouldn't find internet affordable.

I wish Comcast had one price for 250 gig, and another price for uncapped, but they don't, and that's totally their prerogative.

its because they advertise a service at a given speed, but then dont invest the infrastructure enough to support their overextension of subscribers. if they gave everyone on their network advertised speeds, their backbone would melt...

Last edited:
The reason they have the cap is that if they encouraged people to sit at home and pirate all day, they'd have to raise their prices to cover installing more fiber and more last-mile infrastructure. Then, all the people that just want to use e-mail, play games, etc. wouldn't find internet affordable.

I wish Comcast had one price for 250 gig, and another price for uncapped, but they don't, and that's totally their prerogative.

Geez, you drink too much of that Comcrap kool-aid.

It's obviously cuz' Comcast is pretty much a monopoly in many areas that they don't have to give a shit about expansion and development. And as we all know... no competition = no incentive to give a damn about such trivial matters. Why bother with catching up to the more web-advanced nations when......
The filing showed that Chief Executive Brian Roberts received $23.7 million in 2008 up from $20.8 million in 2007 but below his 2006 payout of $26 million.
According to Comcast’s compensation committee, Roberts and other top executives are compensated in line with other executives in similar sized companies both in the entertainment/media sector and beyond.

Wake up.
But of course I have to "thumbs up" this deal cuz' yay, I live in a Comcrap monopoly!

Just a datapoint, I use the internet constantly for surfing, Pandora streaming, Netflix streaming, gaming, etc. The highest download usage I've had in the last 2 years was one month at 100GB, the rest of the months it averages <50G. If you don't torrent all the time the cap is mostly irrelevant. As for the speed, I am on this tier and readily get 15-16 down, 2-3 up. I also pay the full rate (twice the discount), and consider it a deal, but I also remember paying $140/month for bonded ISDN back in the day.

I remember a few years ago when it was 6mbps down 512k up from Comcast for $50 a month. Almost 3x the bandwidth for the same price a few years later.

Uh, no. Its because if they didn't have the cap people would cancel their TV subscription and just use the internet for their content. Comcast doesn't want to become a bit provider.

Uh, no. Its because if they didn't have the cap people would cancel their TV subscription and just use the internet for their content. Comcast doesn't want to become a bit provider.

If they don't they will fall to the way side as did analog TV.

Beside Comcast can do far more than 50Mb Down/ 8mb Up trust me....

I get Comcast for that price and that speed anyway. Have for the last several years. :cool:

huh, I am using 15/15 with same price from Surewest, which is a lot better..

comcast is horrible IMO..
when I used their service, every time when I turn on either my server or p2p application, they disconnect me within couple min. Then connect back after like an hour once I stop them all.. Call them up and they said they couldn't find the problem.

And now they have bandwidth cap, which sounds even worse for me, my bandwidth per month is like over 500GB right now... This is only a deal if you don't use your internet much, otherwise I highly recommend not getting it. Comcast is well known as the most horrible ISP you can ever get..

There is never a justification. You are right though, as they are always complaining about utilization. I say if it isn't 100% utilized, they are wasting subscribers money! :D

Charter sucks too, FWIW. DPI = FAIL.

I stream tons of hd movies, download games, & play games online more than I should & I have never come close to reaching my cap with Comcast. I use the triple play & it works out to less than 50 bucks a month for each service. That is less than I paid for Phone, dsl, & satellite by themselves.

Last edited:
Just a datapoint, I use the internet constantly for surfing, Pandora streaming, Netflix streaming, gaming, etc. The highest download usage I've had in the last 2 years was one month at 100GB, the rest of the months it averages <50G. If you don't torrent all the time the cap is mostly irrelevant. As for the speed, I am on this tier and readily get 15-16 down, 2-3 up. I also pay the full rate (twice the discount), and consider it a deal, but I also remember paying $140/month for bonded ISDN back in the day.

That's nice.

I'm a bit confused how people in the [h] community can only imagine using 250GB through improper means. People be drinking that RIAA juice in full steam here.

I mean, it's not like people might actually host Streams in 1080p, or have video phones/conferences, or work from home uploading/downloading huge media files.

The people in this thread assuming users can not exceed 250GB by legal means are, quite frankly, morons. Your netflix on the 360 doing 480p is pretty measly compared to someone who does netflix on the TV in full HD. So I'm sorry if you can't reach the limits with your usage, but don't go claiming people who can exceed those limits as pirates or felons.

I'd drop my cable tv for internet only in 2 seconds flat - if my wife and kids didn't want it so much.:rolleyes:

ive been trying for the last 4 months to even come close to the 250gb cap, i dont think i can do it. so far ive hit, 89, 97,107. im upto 83 this month.

huh, I am using 15/15 with same price from Surewest, which is a lot better..

comcast is horrible IMO..
when I used their service, every time when I turn on either my server or p2p application, they disconnect me within couple min. Then connect back after like an hour once I stop them all.. Call them up and they said they couldn't find the problem.

And now they have bandwidth cap, which sounds even worse for me, my bandwidth per month is like over 500GB right now... This is only a deal if you don't use your internet much, otherwise I highly recommend not getting it. Comcast is well known as the most horrible ISP you can ever get..

100% agreed, I was in Sacramento before I moved and had surewest 25/25 (although it ran at 25/50 speeds). I loved it, always fast and never fluctuated. If only there was something like it here in Seattle =/. On a side note I use about 400gb per month on comcast and have never had a warning or extra charge :eek:

God I wish there was someone in NE Ohio that offered 25/25....

I'm stuck with either TWC, or Att....

TWC I think max is 16/2? (Been awhile so I might be wrong.) and since I can't get Uverse in my area Att is 6Mbps/768Kbps which is what I'm using till my contract is up in march.

I fired CrapCast when I got my Droid Six months ago. Sure everything I do is a bit slow, but I'm not supporting some sleezeBall in a suit some place in America.....hehehe....long live freedom!

Back