Combat Arms

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
I just wanted to express how much fun this FREE game is. I downloaded it from Fileplanet the other day and have played it for about 5 hours straight. The graphics are 2005 but as far as fun, I think its a quick and easy game to pick up on and to have a good time. I got my friends hooked too and it passes the time. No, this game is not Crysis or CS:S, but for free, its something different. It can play on probably any machine too. Its like 480 mb to download, so it wont even take long to log in and play.

I played this game, against my better judgment, last night for a few hours and I have to say it is the cheesiest piece of shit ever.

Yes its free and it's free for a very good reason, its an ugly pos. I love how people say, "well it's free what do you expect?" To me I have no problem paying for a quality game and I won't play garbage just "cause it's free".
This game is totally 5 years ago.
From the graphics to the animations to the CS clone it's trying to fip off, lol please, pure cheese.

The question I kept asking myself the whole time was, why would I play this pos when I could play cod4 or CS or r6v2 or any other good quality fps?
It reminds me of shitty mod on the UT2 engine. Oh and the sounds are totally craptastic as well.

Guys this is at best a diversion, if your so bored of all your real games, and you feel like playing something else as a goof.

Bottom line, there's absolutely no reason to play this over any real fps. Free doesn't mean it's worthy of playing. If you need to play this cause you can't afford a real game then go get a job and then buy some real games.

/end.

I tried this game on Sunday and I like it. It's not the greatest game but enough to kill some time for a while. If my machine could handle COD4 I would probably be playing that instead. The maps in this game are pretty small and there's only 6-7? to choose from. I like how you can purchase weapons and modifications to them and equip different ones in your backpack.

Yeah, the weapon buying and modification is neat. I play cod4, Crysis, TF2 etc, and just needed something new and different. this game doesnt have the worst graphics in the world, but it is just something different.... something free I dont have to spend money to do.

I've been enjoying this for about a week now. It's a fun break from BF2, and different enough from COD4 for me to get into it. not to mention you can get in and out of a round or 2 in 10 minutes if you pick the right server.

Yep this game is a blast.

Not only is it Free, but it will run on just about anything which is awesome. I have it installed on my kid's PC's as well and we all have a good time playing.

Oh, and I have a job, I have had my same job for 15yrs and I buy lots of games.

I played this game, against my better judgment, last night for a few hours and I have to say it is the cheesiest piece of shit ever.

Yes its free and it's free for a very good reason, its an ugly pos. I love how people say, "well it's free what do you expect?" To me I have no problem paying for a quality game and I won't play garbage just "cause it's free".
This game is totally 5 years ago.
From the graphics to the animations to the CS clone it's trying to fip off, lol please, pure cheese.

The question I kept asking myself the whole time was, why would I play this pos when I could play cod4 or CS or r6v2 or any other good quality fps?
It reminds me of shitty mod on the UT2 engine. Oh and the sounds are totally craptastic as well.

Guys this is at best a diversion, if your so bored of all your real games, and you feel like playing something else as a goof.

Bottom line, there's absolutely no reason to play this over any real fps. Free doesn't mean it's worthy of playing. If you need to play this cause you can't afford a real game then go get a job and then buy some real games.

/end.

What did you expect from a game that is FREE and korean made? Usually low quality pos.

Yep this game is a blast.

Not only is it Free, but it will run on just about anything which is awesome.

That's a good point, because some of my friends don't have the most up to date computers.

It was fun when I played it with a couple other guys, you gotta upgrade the gun, the stock M16 sucks balls.

Do they nickel and dime you for upgrades and customizations?

No, you don't purchase them with actual money. Every round you play you get GP(?) which is their form of currency. You use the money earned to purchase other guns and modifications to them such as an extended clip, scope, muzzle, etc. You can only purchase items for 1, 7, 15?, 30, 90 days. Also, the higher rank you get there are more items available for you to purchase.

No, you don't purchase them with actual money. Every round you play you get GP(?) which is their form of currency. You use the money earned to purchase other guns and modifications to them such as an extended clip, scope, muzzle, etc. You can only purchase items for 1, 7, 15?, 30, 90 days. Also, the higher rank you get there are more items available for you to purchase.

I consider that nickel and diming using the points system vs. real money. It's a minor inconvenience, as you can steal dead people's guns in-game and don't really need to buy anything to be competitive.

I consider that nickel and diming using the points system vs. real money. It's a minor inconvenience, as you can steal dead people's guns in-game and don't really need to buy anything to be competitive.

The money is GP and you earn allot of GP. You will have no problem having enough GP to buy weapons and equipment with.

Your points for your standings or rank are the experience points. Those you keep and you do not use for buying stuff.

So what exactly is the problem?

To make it extremely clear, there is no MONEY involved in the game. Yeah, it's a Nexon game, but they are not allowing any point purchases with real money like they do with Maple Story and their other games.

My 7 year old and I are playing and having a blast with it. Quite fun to tell a server that we took the #1 and 2 spots on to let them know they just got smoked by a 2nd grader.

It is a decent game. There are maps that make it feel very Quake 3-ish and a few that make it feel Counter Strike-like. For the price, it is much worth it for us to play as having to shell out for 2 copies of every game we play adds up fast. This will be something we will play til Battlefield Heroes comes out.

I don't feel inconvenienced at all. It's really not much different than Counter Strike. Both games give you money but the difference is when you die in CS you have to purchase your weapons again. You keep your money between games and you keep your items in CA until they expire. I think the Combat Arms system works well.

It was alright, everybody was pretty laggy and noob. As Far as fun goes, I'd give the game 6/10, even though it is free. Gameplay was different but not better than nay other FPS out now.

It's terribad. You want a good, semi-realistic free FPS game, may I direct you to this website:

http://www.urbanterror.net/news.php

The game has been under development for the better part of a decade now, has a fairly strong playerbase throughout the US and Europe and is far better than Combat Arms. It's based on the open source release of the Quake 3 engine, and is totally free.

It's terribad. You want a good, semi-realistic free FPS game, may I direct you to this website:

http://www.urbanterror.net/news.php

The game has been under development for the better part of a decade now, has a fairly strong playerbase throughout the US and Europe and is far better than Combat Arms. It's based on the open source release of the Quake 3 engine, and is totally free.

Hmm, interesting.

Does the publisher provide the servers to play on? Definitely going to be checking this one out.

To make it extremely clear, there is no MONEY involved in the game. Yeah, it's a Nexon game, but they are not allowing any point purchases with real money like they do with Maple Story and their other games.

My 7 year old and I are playing and having a blast with it. Quite fun to tell a server that we took the #1 and 2 spots on to let them know they just got smoked by a 2nd grader.

It is a decent game. There are maps that make it feel very Quake 3-ish and a few that make it feel Counter Strike-like. For the price, it is much worth it for us to play as having to shell out for 2 copies of every game we play adds up fast. This will be something we will play til Battlefield Heroes comes out.

Its a fun game

The money is GP and you earn allot of GP. You will have no problem having enough GP to buy weapons and equipment with.

Your points for your standings or rank are the experience points. Those you keep and you do not use for buying stuff.

So what exactly is the problem?

There is no problem, I'm enjoying the game. I would like to amass a collection of all the weapons without spending a trillion points, but it's really not a concern, and I understand why the system is set up the way it is.

I haven't found a rifle I really prefer over another, I think I'm gonna pony up for a sniper rifle to see if i like that.

Back