Votes: 138 75.8%
  • Im a Trader

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • I never really thought about it

Votes: 25 13.7%

• Total voters

sirsnits

[H]ard|Gawd
Are you a game collector or a game trader.

Meaning, do you like to keep your games, or trade them in for money and/or swap for other titles?

I personally like to keep all my games, its kinda like an achievement to add a new game to my library and watch my collection expand.

I still have games for Atari that have gone untouched for quite some time.

anyone else wish to share?

Definitely a collector. Mainly because I only buy games I know I'll enjoy though, so I never have any reason to sell them.

Collector

Still have my Sega Megadrive cartridges :D

Sometimes I love to play all the old PC games. Just last weekend I played Serious Sam The Second Encounter yet again

That was the good old DX8 game, can't even remember what year it came out.

Since joining Goozex I've been trading ALOT more often than before. Gamestop/EB's trade-in values are bullshit, Goozex actually gets me games I want.

I tend to collect for a year, then i just get an urge to prune out games i just never play. i do keep some throughout, but i also tend to keep my collection pretty slim. Ive had probably close to 30-40 of 360 and ps3 games but currently only have about 10-12 games in my inventory kept. So i guess that makes me a trader.

Where's the option for both?

I'm both, but more of a collector than a trader. I always keep my favorite games, but I do sell games with the goal of buying more games.

It's a vicious cycle. ;)

I'm definitely a collector. Some of my shelves are just taken up completely with all of the boxes from all the games from the past. While I used to like the large boxes and manuals the games used to come with, the stand alone case packaging they usually come in now is somewhat more convenient when traveling with the games. I guess that doesn't matter too much for some people, but having switched to using laptops, going back and forth between school and home for breaks and being able to bring them with me is useful.

I was a trader a few years back, mainly because I didn't really have money to buy games. Now I collect all kinds of games, snes, nes, sega, and a whole bunch of other games.

I used to trade games a lot when I was younger (Fun-Co Land) but that was really only because I didn't have the money to afford new consoles.

I'm definitely a collector now. Unfortunately however, this has lead me to buy a lot of games that I never really play. I've still got a copy of the latest NWN 2 expansion that I bought in November and never even installed (I'm blaming WotLK for that one).

IMO, collecting games is a waste of room. Where do you store them? Do you consider your old games to be trophies?
I have played 15 PS3 games and I only own one. I buy them used and sell them back after completion. Of course, selling a game requires minimal effort but I would rather invest my money in a better graphic card.

IMO, collecting games is a waste of room. Where do you store them? Do you consider your old games to be trophies?
I have played 15 PS3 games and I only own one. I buy them used and sell them back after completion. Of course, selling a game requires minimal effort but I would rather invest my money in a better graphic card.

I store them where everyone can see them, others consider a collection to be a kind of trophy, as do I.

people collect stamps, others collect cars, its the same feeling to me, definitely a hobby.

I'm a trader for sure. Once I beat a game I really don't see any reason to keep in unless I think I'll want to come back and beat it again someday. The only games I usually keep are RPGs or games I play online alot.

I pretty much keep all of my games....which is why I use Steam so much because I never plan on trading them anyways. I have over 80 games installed on my PC and 65 of them are off Steam..plus a cabinet with a ton of games from over the years...prolly all the way back to 2000 or so.

I pretty much keep all of my games....which is why I use Steam so much because I never plan on trading them anyways. I have over 80 games installed on my PC and 65 of them are off Steam..plus a cabinet with a ton of games from over the years...prolly all the way back to 2000 or so.

Aspiring Trader. I don't have the storage space but it's not really worth the hassle to sell/package/mail them.

i have a shelf above my closet with the original boxes and discs for every game i've bought since 1988 or so. definitely collector!

Both. I have dozens of PC and Xbox games, but I also sell or give away games that I no longer want (either because I didn't like it or it has little to no replay value). That's the reason I don't buy games off Steam. I like to have the option of giving away or selling games.

I pick things up, I am a collector, and things, well things, they tend to accumulate. I have this net, it drags behind me. It picks up feelings for me to feed upon

There are times, plenty of times I wish I could let it go. But they start to breathe, and they start to grow inside me. There are times, plenty of times I wish I could let it go! But they start to make me think things I don't wanna know...

Trade. I rarely have more than one game per system (including pc). I spend much less that way, but I have zero long term game collection other than steam/xbl/psn games.

With how ridiculously overpriced games are these days, I'm a shameless trader. I only keep the ones that I know I'll go back to once in a while (like GTA4) or that have a large multiplayer base. I tend to rent games that are single-player oriented.

I collect. I like to keep the game boxes, it makes me feel special. Although with Steam always putting shit on sale, I've been collecting a lot of icons lately.

For other collectors, is it not freaking annoying that the PS3 game boxes are smaller than pretty much every other game box in history? They look really weird on my shelf that way...

Play em, sell em.. Always trying to recoup some of the outlay. I gave up being a hoarder many years ago. I see it as a sign of maturing and not being so materialistic.

I guess I'm considered a collector; though that's because I just don't bother selling my games. I don't keep the packaging around unless it's a really nice box and the disks and manuals get tossed into a box and forgotten about.

Collector

I keep the retail box too. And also, I collect collector editions of specific games.

I've been a collector of PC games but now I'm starting to trade and sell. I just can't see myself going back to games I finished years ago, even though I enjoyed them. Plus, I need the space.

I've been a collector of PC games but now I'm starting to trade and sell. I just can't see myself going back to games I finished years ago, even though I enjoyed them. Plus, I need the space.

ya, some games will never see the light of day, I think rpg's hold out the best.

games like Anachronox for the pc, or Dragon Warrior for the Nintendo are games i can easily go back to and play.

I'm a collector.

Some games are just too good to let go. Like many others here, I may never play these games again. They hold an intangible hold on me though - mostly old DOS titles. I do have DosBox and ScummVM setup though. And I never had the space for old consoles, so I have those titles, um...ported over.

I collect PC games. Since you can mod them, get expansion packs, and play them on future PCs, I usually keep PC games.

I trade console games. To collect console games means also having to collect consoles. Once you play them there's little reason to keep them. I buy very few console games, but trade or borrow the ones I want to try.

I agree with that when a console is dead it's dead lol I never go back and play my old consoles.. they just gather dust

I'm a collector but the thing is I don't play a whole lot of games, so my collection looks like that of a trader.

Back