cold boot issues

Ricedaddy

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
1,127
Hello all, I'm having issues with my newly built computer, and I need some advice.

My setup:
Intel core i5-750
MSI P55-GD80
G Skill 2x2gb Ripjaws DDR3-1600

There are multiple memory dumps going on and the pc is having cold boot issues as well as the memory not running at rated speeds. It is stable for 8+ hours in prime95 on stock and overclocked speeds, but often I will get blue screens and memory dumps in windows. I have run memtest multiple times at both stock and overclocked speeds with no errors reported.

I read somewhere that many people were having issues with DDR3 doing this, with an RMA fixing the problem. I suspect I will have to RMA, but if there is another solution that would be awesome.
 
So what happens when the RAM is set to run at DDR3 1333 speeds?

What PSU are you using?
 
What is the BSOD error code you're getting? is it the same code each time a BSOD occurs? have you tried setting the ram timings and voltage manually, instead of using the [AUTO] settings?
 
When I set the timings much more loose, I still have the same issue. It happens regardless of the timings, and speed. 1600 or 1333, all the same BSOD concerning memory management. Of course, windows crashing begets more crashing so after a week or so of the BSOD and memory dumps, Windows gets angry and starts giving more errors. Reformat and reinstallation and it runs well, except for the cold booting problems. All the memory timings are set manually, to specified speeds.

PSU is an OCZ modxstream 600 watt. Not the best, I know, but it's what I have.
 
Back
Top