COH. Do I need all expansions for multiplayer?

fuzzy-1

n00b
I want to get into this game but am unsure what I need to buy. Do I need the origional plus Opposing Fronts and also plus Tales of Valor to play online with all factions/options or can i just buy the newest expansion Tales of Valor? I do not intend on any single player. Thanks

I have no idea about Tales of Valor, but as far as CoH and OF are concerned...

You can just buy one or the other, and you'll be able to play online against everyone else. However you yourself will only be able to control the Americans + Wehrmacht if you have just CoH, or Brits + Panzer Elite if you have just OF. To be able to pick any of those 4 sides to play as you need to buy both CoH and OF.

Similar rules apply if you add AI opponents to a game lobby you're setting up. In a lobby you create, you can only have AI players of the type your copy of the game permits (i.e. either Americans + Wehrmacht or Brits + Panzer Elite).

I believe that if one purchases ToV they get both CoH and OF factions available for multiplayer. They will *not* be able to play the single player portions of any of those factionsl

ToV is a terrible deal if you already own CoH/OF since you're getting very little for what you pay. For someone new to the game, it's a pretty good deal so long as you won't miss the singleplayer campaign. Everything else is retained I believe.

If you want to get into CoH and really only plan on playing multiplayer then ToV is all you need.

Back