COD4 Demo Tomorrow

Probably my only gripe with the game is the sound of the guns, they sound hollow or as another person put it, tinny. They dont feel as if they have much kick.

They use Marines in the game, yet the trailer calls them soldiers. Marines are NOT soldiers, thats the army. Rather large screw up.

Im glad someone other than Me caught that. Also, Marines dont have fully automatic M4's. The other stuff is believable though.

Same thing happened in FEAR with the guns, they seemed puny and sounded like cap guns. The models in cod4 are nice as shit but you're right the sounds arent really doin it.

Same thing happened in FEAR with the guns, they seemed puny and sounded like cap guns. The models in cod4 are nice as shit but you're right the sounds arent really doin it.

What are you guys smoking, I thought the sounds were Excellent unlike the muffled sound of MOH Airborne... COD sounds have been good from the COD1.

I was too busy killing shit in the crazy firefights to care about what the guns sounded like. I'll replay it and listen close.

Probably my only gripe with the game is the sound of the guns, they sound hollow or as another person put it, tinny. They dont feel as if they have much kick.

Probably true, though since i'm not one of these strange people that considers himself an expert in things simply because he has a passing interest in them, I can put up with it. A bit of a digression, but why the hell do people think that because they like something they're an authority on it?

My point was going to be that you'll have about five thousand of these self-proclaimed experts releasing recorded-in-my-bedroom "RELALISTIC WEAPEN SOUND PACKS" under the pseudonym "SakuraSnakeDiabloWolf" within fifteen minutes of the game hitting the shelves. The pants noises shouldn't be a concern for long at all.

When did anyone proclaim themselves an expert on the subject?

You don't have to be an expert to voice opinion on what sounds good.

Wow, I just played this demo, and it's the first game I've played in a long time that actually runs worth crap. The Crysis Beta was horrible, completely unplayable, and I was nervous when I loaded this up that it would be the same way... Man was I wrong... Did anyone else have a horrible time running Crysis? Any suggestions to make it run better?

On my E6400 machine with SLI 7950s, Crysis was bugged on medium settings, and sometimes on low, but would run occasionally at 30-60fps on the low settings. It ran perfectly on High settings, but very slow, 8-11 fps, so it was pretty much unplayable on that as well. Even on low settings, though, I took a swim up a stream and the underwater graphics were unbelievable. Sad, though that a system that 3dmark 06es at 10k plus, has that much trouble with it on high settings. hopefully there will be a lot of optimization done.

Man, this game is going to rock. I just played through the demo AGAIN for the first time on my new box. 1920x1200 with everything maxed. Ran like butter. This game has potential to be the king of both single and multiplayer FPS's. If the online play is like the singleplayer, they've got a major winner on their hands.

When did anyone proclaim themselves an expert on the subject?

You don't have to be an expert to voice opinion on what sounds good.

I wasn't implying anyone did, I was remarking on the number of people that do so, for everything.

On my E6400 machine with SLI 7950s, Crysis was bugged on medium settings, and sometimes on low, but would run occasionally at 30-60fps on the low settings. It ran perfectly on High settings, but very slow, 8-11 fps, so it was pretty much unplayable on that as well. Even on low settings, though, I took a swim up a stream and the underwater graphics were unbelievable. Sad, though that a system that 3dmark 06es at 10k plus, has that much trouble with it on high settings. hopefully there will be a lot of optimization done.

Why is this here?

Anyway the beta isn't supporting SLi, so there's your problem.

I thought the sounds were good, they gave you that intensity all the time.

I found the demo to be really dull. The modern warware theme is uninspired. Graphical I've maxed the demo and it plays well, albeit it looks shoddy (thankfully the retail game will have higher quality textures) After playing HL2 - Episode 2 for 2 hours this evening then playing the COD 4 demo, this game plays very poorly in comparison. One is pure FPS genius the other is a by the numbers shooter. I won't waste my money on this dullard of a game.

I just tried the demo and I was impressed. The CoD series was always very intense and CoD 4 maintains that, but what impressed me the most, were the graphics. I have almost everything to set to max, with 2xAA @ 1280x1024 and it's amazingly smooth, for how good it looks. IMHO, the graphics are much better than what I saw in the UT3 beta demo for example. I think I'll wait for a couple of reviews, but I'll have my eye on this title, as a possible buy for me. I definitely liked the demo.

I found the demo to be really dull. The modern warware theme is uninspired. Graphical I've maxed the demo and it plays well, albeit it looks shoddy (thankfully the retail game will have higher quality textures) After playing HL2 - Episode 2 for 2 hours this evening then playing the COD 4 demo, this game plays very poorly in comparison. One is pure FPS genius the other is a by the numbers shooter. I won't waste my money on this dullard of a game.

Funny how opinions differ, really. I would never think to refer to "WHOOP, WE HAVE A PHYSICS ENGINE, EVERYONE, COME AND LOOK" gimmicks as "genius".

Just so you know, "dullard" is used to refer to a person, in terms of mental inadequacy. It doesn't mean "dull".

Back