COD: WaW Zombie, how far did you get?

aFive

2[H]4U
Me and a buddy have been playing some zombie mod for COD: WaW. Very well done, I like the idea of a point system and ability to buy guns. It does get very challenging past level 7, good times. Too bad once you restart, you are stuck doing nothing in early levels :p.

I have yet to try it with more than 2 people, however we did get to level 10. What was the highest level you guys got to? With How many?

Oh BTW, if you are stuck on "Treyarch sux" mode, please stay away as I have no interest in reading your bullshit.

Is there more than 1 map for this gametype? I haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool from the videos I watched.

Is there more than 1 map for this gametype? I haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool from the videos I watched.

From what I know, I think there is only one zombie level, you pretty much just try to survive as long as you can.

do you have to complete SP before you can access the zombie level? i'm too damn addicted to MP right now to play SP....or even spend the time to peruse options in the main menu :(

do you have to complete SP before you can access the zombie level? i'm too damn addicted to MP right now to play SP....or even spend the time to peruse options in the main menu :(

same, MP is just too addictive, tried playing SP some more last night but it lasted about 30mins til I hopped back on multi.

There are choices to made in the map, effectively allowing you to choose which parts you want to defend. The trade off is that each area has different weapons available, and the more you open the map up, the more you have to cover. Your strategy and the way you play the map makes a big difference.

No, AFAIK you just have to have someone host a server, and they select the zombie gametype.

There are choices to made in the map, effectively allowing you to choose which parts you want to defend. The trade off is that each area has different weapons available, and the more you open the map up, the more you have to cover. Your strategy and the way you play the map makes a big difference.

No, AFAIK you just have to have someone host a server, and they select the zombie gametype.

thanks for the info. we need to have a [H] co-op game.

Nah, 1 map. It's perfect though, no need for other maps. Really hard and fun.

Just make a coop server in zombie mode, profit.

Wow I can't wait to get into this but I'm still waiting for this dam game to get to my house from newegg. It should be here tomorrow. If anyone decides to host the zombie game please post the server name here. Thanks!

Just a question, is there enough servers to choose from? Same as CoD4? Or less, now I know WaW is new and all, but would like to know what people think of the server selection thus far. I'm deciding between this game and L4D.

Just a question, is there enough servers to choose from? Same as CoD4? Or less, now I know WaW is new and all, but would like to know what people think of the server selection thus far. I'm deciding between this game and L4D.

yes there are a ton. all the servers i played on for COD4 are available for COD:WaW. really L4D and COD:WaW are two completely different games (aside from the zombie bonus level). i'm sure both will have tons of servers available so really you need to decide if you're after a WW2 game or a zombie game.

They are different though, WAW does give you a feel of what L4D could be. The zombie mod is fun, but it is under singleplay/coop so you really do not get too many severs, plus people have to hose those on their own machine.

As far as MP servers go, there are a ton of them. Many have people playing different gametypes. COD4 has been going towards TDM lately, I prefer objective type gameplay. CODWAW being new, has plenty to choose from. Servers running mixed, or objective oriented gameplay. WAR is an awesome game mode, too bad most servers have FF on :(.

WAR is an awesome game mode, too bad most servers have FF on :(.

WAR is indeed fun. i prefer FF on, just wish people would respect each other's line of fire. nothing worse than when a teammate decides to run in front of you only after they've stood there and watched you fire in that general direction for a few seconds.

@ Replies, yeah I know that they're two different games, just trying to make my mind right now with either or. I enjoy both of them, just so undecided!! heh

@ Replies, yeah I know that they're two different games, just trying to make my mind right now with either or. I enjoy both of them, just so undecided!! heh

well then i'll choose for you. COD:WaW

WAR is indeed fun. i prefer FF on, just wish people would respect each other's line of fire. nothing worse than when a teammate decides to run in front of you only after they've stood there and watched you fire in that general direction for a few seconds.
Nah man, I used to feel the same way, I have spent an hour today on a WAR server with 30-40 people. It was awful, I was about to throw my mouse against my screen. If I fire at an enemy, some moron decides to run in front of my line of fire, causing a TK. If I hold off in order not to TK, them guys are not even shooting at an enemy and getting us both killed. When I call an arty, I see MY TEAM RUNNING TOWARDS IT AND GETTING TKED. Half of my deaths came from me dying due to too many TK's, the other 25% from a teammate TKing me as I was doing something productive... I am much happier when there is no FF, however in smaller servers in say SD or HQ, it can be a good thing.

What Porter said below. There is still bitching by people who refuse to get Treyarch game, and those who feel that they simply copied COD4. I dunno, watch IGN and Gamestop reviews, IGN is dead on. Gamestop brings good points, I agree with some of them. WAW is really fun, I love that they brought WW2 back. Even though it is using same engine, game feels unique and atmospheric. You have new guns, more levels, more perks, and better maps IMO. You also get a friend system as well as extra gametypes. To me, COD: WAW is everything COD 4 should have been.
well then i'll choose for you. COD:WaW

When I call an arty, I see MY TEAM RUNNING TOWARDS IT AND GETTING TKED.

haha well i feel your frustration on that one. i usually even call it out via team chat ("arty @ flag B") and there are still dumbasses who rush in, hoping to capture the flag before my artillery kills them. greedy bastards.

Just an update, we made it to level 23 tonight. At 22, we lost 2 guys, and ended up losing quickly after the respawn on 23 (starting w/ default pistols + no time to get to mystery box + hordes of 2-clip Thompson zombies = lose).

We opened the Help room, but didn't go upstairs. We might have to try moving the couch in the Help room next, as I hear good things about that.

A few tips on our strategy:

1) Ray Guns FTW! (x1,000)

2) Get to a mystery box, take as many spins as necessary to get your preferred guns early - don't waste time / money buying mediocre guns unless absolutely necessary

3) In the Help Room - 2 on the door, async reloading (Ray Gun + LMG), 1 on window duty (Ray Gun + Flamethrower or LMG), 1 on hole-in-wall duty (Ray Gun + Flamethrower)

4) Hole-in-wall guy runs backup for door + windows

5) Flamethrower through the hole-in-wall works with just 1 hole, you don't have to wait for line-of-sight - the INFINITE AMMO is nice!

6) Repair all possible windows between waves, but regroup before things get hairy

7) Use VOIP and call teammates for help BEFORE you are overrun, not after

8) Don't use flamethrowers in the door, they don't kill fast enough and they blind your teammates

9) Shoot heavy guns in bursts at head level while guarding the door - it saves ammo

10) Assuming ammo is holding, have your hole-in-wall guy take longer shots with the Ray Gun at far-off zombies to lighten the load for the door guys

11) If you are getting overrun and have teammates in last stand late in a level, get your back to a wall and pray the level ends soon - don't leave yourself open to be swarmed

12) In levels 1-3, your knife can be effective (they can reach out of windows if boards aren't in the way) and earn you more points than headshots

13) No matter what level, if you are a good shot and have the time to aim for the head, do it - even with Ray Guns / shotguns

Holy crap, this zombie thing seems intresting, makes me leaning more towards buying it.

It's maybe the most fun out of the whole game. This mode alone makes the game worth it, IMO. Particularly if you've got a group of guys on VOIP (TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, etc), this mode is guaranteed fun.

Just an update, we made it to level 23 tonight. At 22, we lost 2 guys, and ended up losing quickly after the respawn on 23 (starting w/ default pistols + no time to get to mystery box + hordes of 2-clip Thompson zombies = lose).

We opened the Help room, but didn't go upstairs. We might have to try moving the couch in the Help room next, as I hear good things about that.

A few tips on our strategy:

1) Ray Guns FTW! (x1,000)

2) Get to a mystery box, take as many spins as necessary to get your preferred guns early - don't waste time / money buying mediocre guns unless absolutely necessary

3) In the Help Room - 2 on the door, async reloading (Ray Gun + LMG), 1 on window duty (Ray Gun + Flamethrower or LMG), 1 on hole-in-wall duty (Ray Gun + Flamethrower)

4) Hole-in-wall guy runs backup for door + windows

5) Flamethrower through the hole-in-wall works with just 1 hole, you don't have to wait for line-of-sight - the INFINITE AMMO is nice!

6) Repair all possible windows between waves, but regroup before things get hairy

7) Use VOIP and call teammates for help BEFORE you are overrun, not after

8) Don't use flamethrowers in the door, they don't kill fast enough and they blind your teammates

9) Shoot heavy guns in bursts at head level while guarding the door - it saves ammo

10) Assuming ammo is holding, have your hole-in-wall guy take longer shots with the Ray Gun at far-off zombies to lighten the load for the door guys

11) If you are getting overrun and have teammates in last stand late in a level, get your back to a wall and pray the level ends soon - don't leave yourself open to be swarmed

12) In levels 1-3, your knife can be effective (they can reach out of windows if boards aren't in the way) and earn you more points than headshots

13) No matter what level, if you are a good shot and have the time to aim for the head, do it - even with Ray Guns / shotguns

Very well done and nice pointers!!!!

The 1st time I played it I only had (2) people and made it to level 10, the second night hit level 14 with (3) people on TS.

If you play with (4) people compared to (2) do you know if the amount of zombies that attack changes? I dont think they do.

We have stayed on ground level in the main room and room where rock wall breaks down. How much more area is there to uncover? We went upstairs once, but it didnt work out too well.

So far we have only had access to Thompson, Shotty, in the room with Rock wall. Is there going to be more guns available in that room or do we have to move on?

It's a rush playing this. At one point around level 10 I was blind sided and was taken down in the main room, I told my buddy on TS im down and 3 windows are broken down they are coming in hella fast. As I lay there dead with my last strevived and was watching my teammate get chased by about 15-20 zombies doing the Benny Hill running in circles with double barrol shotty, it was the funiest sh!t ever and we couldnt stop laughing because he had them running in circles for at least 2 minutes until the fire bomb perk blew them to hell.

When/Where to you get ray guns, mystery box, and flamthrower?

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1033342441 said:
If you play with (4) people compared to (2) do you know if the amount of zombies that attack changes?

We have stayed on ground level in the main room and room where rock wall breaks down. How much more area is there to uncover? We went upstairs once, but it didnt work out too well.

So far we have only had access to Thompson, Shotty, in the room with Rock wall. Is there going to be more guns available in that room or do we have to move on?

When/Where to you get ray guns, mystery box, and flamthrower?

Glad there's someone else interested in Zombie Mode strategy here... we totally need to get an [H] Zombie game going. My ingame name is SEALTeamSix - add me as a friend and we'll hook it up! Also, We have a TeamSpeak server for VOIP: 99.172.159.177:8767. LET'S DO IT!

Also, here's another 13 tips:

1) You're right, the number of zombies stays constant. We've only made it to level 15 with 2 players, and that was a fluke I think. You definitely want 4 players when trying to reach your max level.

2) We made it to level 22 going upstairs and huddling by the grenade wall, but it was not the best because the zombies end up running at you diagonally, rather than straight at you - it's much harder to headshot when they run that way. The best way is to keep them running straight at you, preferably through a bottleneck. From there, you stand up with a machine gun and burst fire at head level (accuracy doesn't really suffer at such close range). Because they run straight at you, heads are much easier to line up and pop off.

3) For us, the first 7 levels are easy even with conventional weapons. We open the "Help" room ASAP (whoever hits 1,000 first). The Mystery Box is directly through the "Help" door, then make a left - it's in the corner. It will give you a random weapon each time, but the assortment includes the Ray Gun, Flamethrower, heavy MG's, etc. If it offers you a crappy weapon, you don't have to take it (though it's much quicker if you do - useful when you're using tip 9 - see below). Roll the Mystery Box as often as possible until your whole party has optimal weapons.

4) We all try to get MG's and rayguns, with one guy holding a flamethrower instead of an MG (for the hole in the wall). This seems to work best for us, but you may find a different combo that works better. Let us know.

5) Ray Guns are backup, MG's are primary - save those raygun shots! Also, once you get a Ray Gun, don't toss it, even if it's empty - wait for a Max Ammo to come up. During later levels, the Mystery Box gets stingy with the good guns, so conserve your ammo and keep your good guns.

6) This theory is untested, but it may help to open the couch in the main room stairs (NOT the help room stairs!). The reason is that it may direct more zombies inside the house instead of to the windows or hole, and that might mean more bonus items (2x points/instakill/max ammo/etc). The downside is it puts more heat on the door, so your hole defender has to be ready to back up the door if it gets too hairy for the 2 door guys. But, in the later stages particularly, those Max Ammos are crucial.

7) Another problem is this: going to the Mystery Box causes the zombies to go for the guy at the box, rather than your door guys. So, the best strategy is to have the guy going for the box to come back to the door guys' position while the box spins. Also, if they have a Ray Gun, they should have it out and use it for self-defense while going to and from the box.

8) Always make sure you call out when you are going to the box, and have the other non-door dude cover your slack while you are gone. If a guy on the door needs to hit the box for whatever reason, you rotate in a non-door guy with an MG/raygun to take over while the other guy is at the box. The door can get REALLY HAIRY, and it's usually the reason we die. So, make sure to back it up!

9) Particularly during the later levels, don't kill the last zombie in the wave. Instead, have one guy "walk the zombie" while the others take turns at the Mystery Box, fix up the windows, and plan strategy. This way, you'll be as prepared as possible for the next wave - plus it gives your team time to take a piss if they need to!

10) Particularly on the later levels, conserve your ammo at the door by having 1 guy as primary, the other as secondary. Call out your reloads in advance, and have a rotation so you don't get caught.

11) If for some reason your 2 door guys both have to reload their MG's at the same time, have 1 use a raygun while the other reloads the MG, then switch.

12) On later levels when you're all set up, during the Instakills make sure to only use MG's, not lasers.

13) On all levels, the headshots get easier the closer you let them get. Obviously there's a danger to that, but the payoff do headshots is worth some level of danger.

Got a lil further to level 20 staying in lower level, I had a ray gun and flamethrower and controlled the entire room where the mystery box is, the other 3 covered the main room...

codwawsp20081120204654wl3.jpg

zombie is fun as hell, i need to play it more, off topic and all but how do you show fps in cod5? I cant seem to get it to work.

zombie is fun as hell, i need to play it more, off topic and all but how do you show fps in cod5? I cant seem to get it to work.

/cg_drawfps 1

gonna try it with buddy again tonight around 5-6pm MTN. If anybody wants to join, add pimp1234 to xfire, or AFive ingame.

i played co-op zombie mode last night for the first time, that is some fun shit. we seemed to do the best when we unlocked the upstairs and had one guy guard the stairs while the rest of us concentrated on the upstairs windows. there were 3 of us total and the best we did was level 11. it was good fun.

there are not very many co-op games i can access. i'm pretty sure they are ping restricted since i click to join but nothing happens. i have a fairly solid cable internet connection but i'm on the west coast (WA). apparently there aren't too many west coast people playing co-op. if any [H] members on this side of the country want to play some co-op let me know. killing zombies never gets old.

When I call an arty, I see MY TEAM RUNNING TOWARDS IT AND GETTING TKED.

Want to know what's worse? FF on reflect, with a forced instant respawn. I played a game during the beta, whacked down some artillery, and watched as my team-mates ran into it. I died about nine times just because they were wandering around inside the artillery, oblivious.

It was pretty funny, to be fair.

level 16 with a trainer :p

no god mode though

Want to know what's worse? FF on reflect, with a forced instant respawn. I played a game during the beta, whacked down some artillery, and watched as my team-mates ran into it. I died about nine times just because they were wandering around inside the artillery, oblivious.

It was pretty funny, to be fair.

And you forgot to youtube it? :(

This discussion makes me rethink waiting on purchasing this game just for this mode. Looks like its a lot of fun.

ugh, I need to play the zombies, looks like fun. Im kinda getting tired of pwning noobs on mp.
Speaking of noobs i think i play with Shiz and Afive the other night...j/k
jed1

With 3 guys we got to lvl 19. I got the flamethrower right away. It is effective at the door until like 15. Then you need an MG. I think all three of us had the ray gun though. But one failed in the main room and we had to go out and help him. It didn't work.

With 4 guys we got to 21. It wasn't bad. We had MG and ray gun on door, and shotties on the window/wall. It was good. I wasn't the main ray gun, but I had that and the MG. When the ray gun guy ran out of ammo, I took over. I could hold them for a bit and get a few max ammos every once and a while and let the other guy take over. But I failed. And we all went at 21.

/cg_drawfps 1

gonna try it with buddy again tonight around 5-6pm MTN. If anybody wants to join, add pimp1234 to xfire, or AFive ingame.

doesnt work for me man, i am using fraps....

The developers got to lvl 21, Last night myself and 3 other clan members reached lvl 23. As for the levels them selves, One of our Admins has helped create a second map in which you can close doors once you open them.

We hit 24 a couple times last night, we stay in the bottom level and hold both rooms as long as we can then switch to the small room, 3 lasers and a flamethrower...

codwaw2008112303472766kh3.jpg

Back