• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

COD:MW2 + L4D2: PC or Xbox 360?

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
4,312
I can't really decide which to get these games for. I have friends who play them on both and MW2 is $60 on console and PC, L4D2 is $45 for PC vs $60 for Xbox 360. So I guess what it really comes down to is the overall price. Will I have to pay for DLC for PC? I noticed with MW2 they already have 2 DLC releases planned but I didn't see if they would cost money for the PC or not.
 
I personally dont own xbox360 nor want to, but I would have said PC since any FPS should be on PC, however in the case of MW2, it basically is a console game for the PC....... When it came down to it, id still want keyboard and mouse... I wouldnt buy the game in the first place though.

Do we really need another thread on this?
 
I'm getting L4D2 on the PC and MW2 on the console (with my amazon gift cards). MW2 is essentially a console game on the PC and I figure without dedicated servers lag may be a problem. I know the live version will work ok with matchmaking and I've got friends to play with on Live as well. I am way more excited for L4D2 I might add -- loved the first one and the demo was pretty good.
 
L4D2 on the PC and MW2 on the PS3. I didn't see any point in getting it for the PC and this is likely a game I'll want to sell back.
 
L4D2 for PC only. Dont buy or support games limiting PC features.

So I should not buy MW2 on console because the PC version was a shitty port? If that's the standard, I would hardly ever play multiplatform games.
 
I hate fps games on consoles
lfd2 on PC, dont even bother with MW2
 
If you're a PC gamer don't get MW2 at all. Just get L4D2 for the PC.
 
Left 4 Dead 2 is already pre-ordered and pre-loaded on my PC.

MW2... was originally going to be a PC purchase, but I switched to PS3. I almost decided to not buy it all, but my brother is buying and it will probably be fun to do some co-op with him. This decision was based on the fact that there is no advantage for buying it on PC... can't even lean. I'll probably sell it when Left 4 Dead 2 is released.
 
I would just get them both for the PC. I already ordered L4D2 and plan to buy COD:MW2 later on since I do like COD singleplayer..
 
Just notice that Toys R Us Stores offers a Free $20 Toys R Us Gift Card when you purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for retail price of $60 today.Hope it helps.
 
Last edited:
L4D2 is not even a question - definitely PC, because Valve has released add-on packs for their games for free on the PC platform in the past (L4D, TF2), but have been prevented from releasing the same content free on the 360 by Microsoft. Plus the same game is often $10 less on the PC. So unless you like paying more money, get the PC version.

I don't even know where to begin describing the massive ego trip + douchebaggery Infinity Ward is involved in with MW2 on the PC - (see http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=22290 ) :
- 9v9 limit on multiplayer
- No changing game rules beyond the limited options when starting a game
- No mods
- No dedicated servers
- No ability to kick players
- No custom content
As if all that wasn't enough, their reaction to the PC community has been really rude and negative. I'm so disappointed in this company, I used to think of them along the lines of Valve - a company that respects its community, but this is definitely not the case. If anything, I recommend bypassing this game altogether.
 
Last edited:
MW2 for Console and L4D2 on the PC.
Reason being?
Activision is concentrating on consoles, so support may be better on the platform. It appears the attitude as of late is PC is second thought.

Valve is the opposite in that they treat consoles as a money maker, but show no motivation in supporting it post release. Valve has yet to release any promised DLC for TF2 after 2 years. Each year they post something that it's coming, and yet never materilize. The latest excuse was MS is forcing them to charge. If that were the case it wouldn't explain the free DLC out there (including >1.5GB for Raven Shield and Ghost Recon 2).
 
L4D2 on PC... Because console controls are awful. It's a co-op.. who cheats at co-op?
MW2 on 360. I hate aimbots.
 
you don't need a crazy fast PC to play these games in all their glory. That said, and since you seem open to the PC in the first place--go with the PC. It's an all purpose machine that can be modified to your hearts content.
 
both on pc, isnt this a pc forum?
how is this even a discussion?
MW2 is pretty fun, installed it yesterday, dont believe the anti hype.
L4D2 is gonna be fun too, but not a massive jump forward or anything.
Still easily the best two pc games now.
And for the people who think the price of games should never change, then you are on crack!
Divide that number by the times you play it and its pennies per use. What else that you enjoy is that cheap? Besides your lonely dating of your left and right hands, lol...
 
Getting L4D2 for X360, but against my will. It seems all of my FPS buddies have switched to Xbox, strange as hell.
 
L4D2 on PC... Because console controls are awful. It's a co-op.. who cheats at co-op?
MW2 on 360. I hate aimbots.

Versus mode is pretty awesome - I play that more than the co-op modes. Scavenge is being added to L4D2, which is another 4 v 4 mode, rather than co-op. Overall I haven't seen a lot of cheating.
 
Back
Top