COD: Ghosts

• Thread starter Deleted member 82943
  • Start date
you're not alone - i cannot stand that stuff.

maybe it's just me, but all the footage i've seen of multiplayer looks like hardly anything has changed (gfx included) for the last five years. i felt like i could have convinced myself it was MW, MW2, MW3, whatever.

Machinima has done a zombie map evolution series. You can jump in on any episode and you'll not be able to tell the difference. It has literally been the same exact engine over and over again.

I got it on Xbox, since my friends did, and so far no complaints. MP is excellent polished, extinction is fantastic. Sure, it may be derivative, but that's not always a bad thing.

I don't know about you guys, but when I look at the screen playing this it sure feels like I'm playing any of the other cods they already made...

I don't know about you guys, but when I look at the screen playing this it sure feels like I'm playing any of the other cods they already made...

There is a good reason for that. I would say out of all the COD's since MW2 , Ghosts is the least innovated (by COD standards). Its just designed with a very lazy approach. I mean the PC version is actually more of a mess than MW3's was. Its already got fair amount of hackers and its buggy as fuck.

But even console gamers don't seem incredibly impressed with it. The part that is really messed up is that I'm sure a bunch of people who intended to buy the One or the PS4 are going to buy COD on them and expect a "next gen" experience but instead will be meant by the same low resolution shitty textures. For god sakes even on my 2560x1440 monitor the textures at their MAX options are god awful. Ghost's engine is not a new engine , its obviously the same one with more heavy features but it looks and feels the fucking same. TB made a really good point in his review (or WTF is...) of Ghosts in that you can boot up Battlefield : Bad Company 2 on the PC and it has superior looking textures .. that game is years old now.

All the competitive COD players are pretty upset with how Infinity Ward tossed out all the competitive features and clan stuff and basically dropped it down to bare fucking bones all over again. Most of those guys are actually going to stick with BLOPS 2 it seems and just wait it out for Treyarch to do the next COD.

I think when the sales figures .. the REAL sales figures come out that Ghosts will be probably the worst in sales even with next gen consoles factored in , in a long time for the COD franchise. And if they are not then people are even dumber than I could imagine concerning COD and have little to no standards. No offense to any of you who enjoyed this COD but its just the worse one in a long damn time.

well next time you find a lazy sunday afternoon, finish COD4. it's a solid sp campaign.

I agree, COD4 SP was really fun and engaging.
That's the last good COD SP campaign IMO (WaW had interesting bits, but felt flat overall...)

I can't for the love of me get 5 kills for the dog =) A lot of campers in the game so much you die spawn campers too...maybe I just need more aiming skills....

I like Ghosts, it is fun to play. I hope they come out with a second one.

I can't for the love of me get 5 kills for the dog =) A lot of campers in the game so much you die spawn campers too...maybe I just need more aiming skills....

I haven't played ghosts, but in all previous COD games, it was pretty easy to deal with campers. My tactic was always just move around like a crazy person and always keep on the move, even if your team is sitting still, try and keep on the move. They'd always sit in the same spots, so as you come around corners, just be aiming where the campers typically sit, and it's usually faster to shoot someone you know will be sitting somewhere as you come around a corner than it is to shoot someone who you know will be coming around a corner but don't know when.

After a while in COD4, I just used weapons with good penetration and lots of bullets and would fire rounds through walls where I knew campers liked to hide. If you see the blip come up indicating that you hit someone, just keep shooting until they die. Yes, I got accused of wall hacking a lot, but really it was just idiots sitting in the same place the whole time, if they saw me playing the entire time instead of just the kill cam, they'd know I was blind firing through walls all the time, lol.

How many iPhones look the same? When something sells, people tend not to change it too much. Add new features, make sure it is still a signature product.

This game is nice and polished, and as expected, is more of the same. For a reason, the "same" has sold more than any franchise game series in history. ;)

Agreed. As I mentioned earlier, the polish is easily noticeable, even to a dullard like me.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I need to hit some MP today after work, because if nothing else, more XP. If my initial round has any indication, I will die a lot, but it was helluva lot of fun.

All the competitive COD players are pretty upset with how Infinity Ward tossed out all the competitive features and clan stuff and basically dropped it down to bare fucking bones all over again. Most of those guys are actually going to stick with BLOPS 2 it seems and just wait it out for Treyarch to do the next COD.

Treyarch has done a much better job of supporting the competitive scene, but unfortunately that was all that BLOPS 2 had going for it. Online matches were a mess; the game only seemed to shine when it was played in a LAN setting. It's definitely a little puzzling that IW decided not to include a lot of those private match features though; features that proved to be useful to an admittedly small but growing portion of the player base.

If you ask me, Ghosts would have a lot more going for it if the maps didn't suck so much ass. The hit detection feels much improved, so the potential is there.

Last edited:
did anyone get a copy of the X one. i just asked and they only had ONE copy to sell and i took it then and there. they offered me disc insurance what a joke gamestop

Treyarch has done a much better job of supporting the competitive scene, but unfortunately that was all that BLOPS 2 had going for it. Online matches were a mess; the game only seemed to shine when it was played in a LAN setting. It's definitely a little puzzling that IW decided not to include a lot of those private match features though; features that proved to be useful to an admittedly small but growing portion of the player base.

If you ask me, Ghosts would have a lot more going for it if the maps didn't suck so much ass. The hit detection feels much improved, so the potential is there.

Its no secret that Infinity Ward and Treyarch have no seen eye to eye in the past , former dev's from both have said so. My guess is that they are just being competitive with each other but I think they just didn't want to bother with competitive pro gaming features because they really don't care that much about PC development. Console pro gaming is a whole other type of beast.

The maps are terrible. They are almost big enough for a Battlefield map which is puzzling since the games are quite different. None of the maps feel "classic" or really even fun , they feel like "me too!" attempts. Plus the player limit? BF4 has 64 player matches , we should at least have 32 player maps.

Its pretty obvious that Infinity Ward was just hitting a mark releasing COD : Ghosts , just in time for the console launch. If you took an honest approach to what the game needed it needs another 6 months to a year development but there was no way in hell Activision would let that happen.

Its corporate profit margins all the way , Ghosts plays like shit being shoveled directly from the Horse's asshole .. its utterly shameless and uncaring.

I got it on the ps3 and I really like it. Cod has came a long way since I started playing it with cod2. The hit detection is damn near spot on. The maps are bigger and its much nicer since you don't have a shotgun or smg up your ass every 10 seconds.

The perk selection is great, you can set it up exactly how you want to play. I don't see the me too with the maps. On hardcore the maps are very good. There are more good maps then bad and the 2 snow maps are excellent. I think the people who complain the most about this game are the ones who want to run around the whole damn time like a chicken with their head cut off. I've never done that with cod and ghosts is perfect for my play style

I like maps that are cozier, but I can't complain about the pace. Reminds me of UT'99 insanity--the right speed for MP. I can't compare to any other COD games, but I enjoy the MP, specifically the straight death match. It's about time to hit the sack, but hopefully I can get some more rounds in this weekend.

Master [H];1040365981 said:
I like maps that are cozier, but I can't complain about the pace. Reminds me of UT'99 insanity--the right speed for MP. I can't compare to any other COD games, but I enjoy the MP, specifically the straight death match. It's about time to hit the sack, but hopefully I can get some more rounds in this weekend.

We fellow [H] members should add each other. My steam name is jmilcher

I'm on Xbox Live as bjgrifter365. My PC specs are a bit shy to run the game, so I like having consoles so I have a chance to play a game on some platform.

Does this CoD still have the ever so long "SP mode" that lasts a whopping 5 hours if that? Or did they finally beef it up?

Does this CoD still have the ever so long "SP mode" that lasts a whopping 5 hours if that? Or did they finally beef it up?

Its around 8 hours I would say. Its a bit longer than most. Its also shit. Other than the dog , who kicks ass.

Hard to find nice SP mode in shooters nowadays...what's a pity. I will never buy expensive game only for multiplayer. Network playing is amazing but sometimes i just want to sit on my sofa with beer in other hand and play some single (pause mode <lol>) :)

Last edited:
After buying MW3 I felt raped. Played it a total of 7 hours before uninstalling. I will never again buy a game with Infinity Ward's name on it. From what I have read they have much bigger maps but have only 6 vs 6 and the spawn points are ridiculous.

Got this for PC... its running at 80-90 fps with everything on max buuut, mouse feels weird. Kinda laggy, hard to explain. Anyone experience something similar ? Should run flawless and responsive, im on Windows 8.1

bah, got it today for the single-player. im strangely in need of some simple wave-the-mouse-and-click-on-things thing, been some time since i last gamed on my pc, need something new. if its entertaining for a few nights im happy. i'll post later what i think of it.

oh well.. manually disabling fucking annoying soundtrack.. as usual.. (*still* no fucking music volume setting on this.. sigh) looking good so far.. well, back to my CoD fix (and i thought i was free of this curse...)

Got this for PC... its running at 80-90 fps with everything on max buuut, mouse feels weird. Kinda laggy, hard to explain. Anyone experience something similar ? Should run flawless and responsive, im on Windows 8.1

In Task Manager (with the game running) right click and set priority to normal instead of high.

Someone mentioned Battlefield Bad Company 2... that is the BEST shooter for me. The story was great and multiplayer is awesome. Even the Vietnam DLC. Everyone should be playing that instead of COD... but I'm a sucker that still buys them too :-P

WE NEED BAD COMPANY 3!

I never even fired up the SP as a big MP type of guy, but I plan to do it at some point when I jump on and no one else is on.

MP is struggling for me. I think a lot of it is the port job was just not well done, right down to very important keys that are left unbound by default.

I'm playing it, but I'm just not feeling the "staying power" that previous CoD games have had on me. It gets old quicker.

worm

On the pc, it seems that team death match is a campfest. I play hardcore kill confirmed.
Shooting enemy satellites counts as a point, as well as killing an enemy dog, which you can kill with a knife if you time it right.
Dogs will fight each other as well.

I've been accused of hacking a lot lately since I usually end up as the point leader by a huge margin, 1000+ points, but that is because I run and gun and grab every tag I see.
I'll grab 30+ tags a round and end with over 3000 points most rounds, best round was 39 tags and 49xx points.
KDR is usually 1:1 or less, I die a lot since I don't like camping.

I have played all the CoDs except Black Ops. I saw a commercial for Ghosts a couple of days ago (and thought it looked amazing) but didn't see the PC logo. Is this game out for PC? A couple of post above suggest it is. If so, I'll be heading out on my lunch break to buy it.

Just got a copy in the mail yesterday from my brother. Anybody want to play on XBL just add me EndlessKustumz.

Hahah Wow... no plans for a patch. Just like old times Infinity Ward , just like old times. I swear there are not enough dicks in the world over that they can collectively suck.

Let's put a buggy piece of shit game out on a platform we don't give a fuck about and after we get the poor fuckers money we can just pretend that the entire platform has disappeared!

How insulting. Give up on the PC Infinity Ward , we're better off with you being console only. Stop being such a dirt bag developer and at least own up to your incapable failure on the platform and move on.

I still can't fathom why people would buy a COD game from Infinity Ward anymore on the PC. Its a totally different developer who happens to have the same name as a once well respected developer on the PC platform but that's it. Treyarch is as far as I'm concerned , the only COD developer period.

Back