• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

C'mon Newegg..!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like some Cutlery knives with your cpu? or a Coke? :p

159.99 for a dual core...EEK!
 
Seriously if you're going to pay 159.99 for a SB Dual Core (yes I understand it has 2 fast cores.

Why not grab the 1090T on Newegg for 159.99. 6 Real Cores. yeah the single core performance is lower but 6 vs 2 comon lol!
 
Seriously if you're going to pay 159.99 for a SB Dual Core (yes I understand it has 2 fast cores.

Why not grab the 1090T on Newegg for 159.99. 6 Real Cores. yeah the single core performance is lower but 6 vs 2 comon lol!

Only reason would be if you need the lower power consumption (65w vs 125w), otherwise I agree AMD still has the best bang for the buck at under $200.
 
Only reason would be if you need the lower power consumption (65w vs 125w), otherwise I agree AMD still has the best bang for the buck at under $200.

Seriously if you're going to pay 159.99 for a SB Dual Core (yes I understand it has 2 fast cores.

Why not grab the 1090T on Newegg for 159.99. 6 Real Cores. yeah the single core performance is lower but 6 vs 2 comon lol!

Haha, you're funny. The 2125 will demolish 1090T in any games and use less than a third of the power (include the NB with Phenom II; the i3 has it on-die).
 
Cutlery knives?! That's Photoshopped right? I hope....

Nope. Absolutely legit. The first link is to the actual page for the combo. I only took the screen shot because I figured they would eventually see the error and remove the combo deal. I wanted a record of it for laughs.

A frickin set of steak knives. That has to prove that their combo deals are somehow automated. They must have some type of formula. Notice the name of the steak knives - Rosewill. It's that or the person who sets the deals is slowly going mad from the monotony.
 
Would you like some Cutlery knives with your cpu? or a Coke? :p

159.99 for a dual core...EEK!

Yeah, it was too expensive at $145 but it is the best dual core in existence I guess. IMO anyway. If AMD would have gotten the A8-3800 to market I would be considering it. But you know what? Screw AMD. I have been waiting for that APU for a coons age and they still aren't available.

I read some stuff last night that said China is taking %50 of the Llano chips that come off the production line. That combined with the supposed production problems and Bulldozer being a POS really has me off AMD. I guess some Dell and HP desktops are just now selling with the A8-3800. Good for AMD but, um... no thanks.
 
Last edited:
$15 isn't much of an increase from $145. It's a 10.3% increase, and probably due to supply and demand.

Maybe they are trying to steer potential buyers to the i5-2300 for an extra $20 bill, which I can infer has more of a supply than a demand right now with 2500K deals starting to pop up all over the place.
 
with 2500K deals starting to pop up all over the place.

Care to link to some? The only really good deal I can think of lately for the 2500K was that Microcenter deal for $150. I didn't jump on it and now I am kicking myself. They are back to $180 now (that's still pretty good though comparatively).

And btw, some people seem to be taking this too seriously. I'm not actually upset or anything. I posted it because I found the particular combo deal hilarious. I thought it was obviously hilarious.
 
I was moreso implying the $150-180 daily deals compared to the $215-220 Newegg everyday price on the 2500K.

Yeah, the knife combo is crazy funny: "Hey Emo, have we got a deal for you!"
 
This is no worse than the Bulldozer w/ EVGA Classified SR-2 mobo deal they had launch day, at least you can use the knives for something.

They need to check their pairing algorithm.
 
ROFL, and its their own knives, so they probably have like a 95% margin on them.
 
For gaming, I'd rather have the i3 as it's a better gaming performer. If you do photo or video work or anything that can take advantage of multiple cores then the X6 would be better.
 
Haha, you're funny. The 2125 will demolish 1090T in any games and use less than a third of the power (include the NB with Phenom II; the i3 has it on-die).

This, and it is competitive appwise too. An i5 2400 or 2500k is best for the under 200 if at top of the range tho, amd current stuff is baaaaad for cpu's!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top