Cloud Imperium Games decides to delay beta of Star Citizen... needs Ray-tracing.

We will launch a deep dive investigation to see when and how your sense of humor was damaged. While we appreciate your most helpful feedback we also find it to be lacking in any real feeling or zing. Perhaps start again from the top but this time with feeling?

Edit to add: I also feel you miss the line about this post being a parody. The best parody has a bit of truth to it. I'm sorry that a forum post for a closed (hopefully will reopen?) website has brought you to the point of imminent dissatisfaction with your experience on the sub forums kept alive by those willing to donate to the cause. If someone re posts this as news... I can't help that. This was posted as a parody post 100%.

Not to mention that the mods themselves have not deleted or locked the thread after 10 days. It is their judgement that matters not yours.

We will launch a deep dive investigation to see when and how your sense of humor was damaged. While we appreciate your most helpful feedback we also find it to be lacking in any real feeling or zing. Perhaps start again from the top but this time with feeling?

Edit to add: I also feel you miss the line about this post being a parody. The best parody has a bit of truth to it. I'm sorry that a forum post for a closed (hopefully will reopen?) website has brought you to the point of imminent dissatisfaction with your experience on the sub forums kept alive by those willing to donate to the cause. If someone re posts this as news... I can't help that. This was posted as a parody post 100%.

Perhaps you went too quickly to "What's wrong pal, its a joke!" to not realize I already addressed this. Nowhere within my reply did I suggest you didn't mention it was a "parody", only that it isn't the place for that sort of "parody". If you had made that exact post in the existing Star Citizen thread, or in GenMay I wouldn't have an issue. However, if you look at the conventions of the gaming sub-forum, we don't make new threads to generally comment on an existing property or event. Threads are made for new events (ie the announcement or release of a new game, discussion thereof follows etc) or similar. Thus, making a thread suggests something "news" happened where it clearly did not. That means readers initially see a new headline and post and then have to discern its "only a parody", which is an issue of itself especially if the trend was to continue as I described above. At the moment, people didn't need to sort through threads in this subforum and decide which were given inflammatory/untrue/"jokes" content and which were serious, but were that to become acceptable then it will dilute the operation of the forum and require readers to have to sort through the "real vs fake" thread starters.

Simply not the place for it, regardless of one's opinion of the content itself.

Perhaps you went too quickly to "What's wrong pal, its a joke!" to not realize I already addressed this. Nowhere within my reply did I suggest you didn't mention it was a "parody", only that it isn't the place for that sort of "parody". If you had made that exact post in the existing Star Citizen thread, or in GenMay I wouldn't have an issue. However, if you look at the conventions of the gaming sub-forum, we don't make new threads to generally comment on an existing property or event. Threads are made for new events (ie the announcement or release of a new game, discussion thereof follows etc) or similar. Thus, making a thread suggests something "news" happened where it clearly did not. That means readers initially see a new headline and post and then have to discern its "only a parody", which is an issue of itself especially if the trend was to continue as I described above. At the moment, people didn't need to sort through threads in this subforum and decide which were given inflammatory/untrue/"jokes" content and which were serious, but were that to become acceptable then it will dilute the operation of the forum and require readers to have to sort through the "real vs fake" thread starters.

Two things, unless you just want to continue your little circle j.

There is a report function for what you are complaining about.

Constantly replying to this thread with your complaints will just keep the thread active.

Have a nice day.

Another star citizen troll circle-jerk thread that the mods have no problem leaving open. Great job [H].

Know what the truly sad part of this troll thread is? It is completely believable, though SC is a pretty low hanging fruit with being 4+ years behind and having the dubious title of most expensive "game" to spend 8 years in development just to have a buggy, early acces, barely past a tech demo alpha.

Reactions: M76
like this

I think you might need to take a break from this thread..... when is it your place or anyone else's place to tell someone they can't make a joke about a laughable topic? Because this topic is laughable.....considering Star Citizen has never had a solid release date....

He's not saying someone can't make a joke about anything. Just that it was posted in the wrong place. It should be in the SC thread or in genmay.

If people start posting a bunch of parodies or misc junk then the subforum becomes a PITA to navigate.

That said, forums dead, admins don't care, do whatever you want.

He's not saying someone can't make a joke about anything. Just that it was posted in the wrong place. It should be in the SC thread or in genmay.

If people start posting a bunch of parodies or misc junk then the subforum becomes a PITA to navigate.

That said, forums dead, admins don't care, do whatever you want.

Last I read the SC thread they wanted this, a separate thread for all the haters.

Last I read the SC thread they wanted this, a separate thread for all the haters.

We at Cloud Imperium Games under the leadership of our Great and Wondrous Chris Roberts, forever may his countenance shine upon the earth, understand that many backers and fans of this work are frustrated with the seemingly slow pace of development.

We are too.

But you see all of us are but cogs in the wheel allowing the Great and Wondrous Chris Roberts , forever may his countenance shine upon the earth, fulfill his vision. And it has been explained to us that we simply are unable to understand the path we are following to release this piece of software. It is by design and implementation beauty. Our developers have to wear special glasses to protect their mortal eyes from the viewing of code that Chris Roberts himself programs in though his TOG (Terminal of the Gods). It has been explained that it is simply beyond the grasp of our mortal minds. For there is only one other who has as elevated a mind as the Great and Wonderful Chris Roberts, forever may his countenance shine upon the earth. And that is Kim Jong Ung.

Back