Closing in on 11K....

ClearM4 said:
:( no follow up by eva .... hope he didnt fry his x1800xt trying to get those 17 points.
i'm at my max cpu and card clocks opteron 170 @2950mhz and 816/981 for X1800XT

playing with different ram and stuff to see if i can get an extra 17pts if not need to wait for my phase change unit for cpu and then smash 12k :D
 
eva2000 said:
i'm at my max cpu and card clocks opteron 170 @2950mhz and 816/981 for X1800XT

playing with different ram and stuff to see if i can get an extra 17pts if not need to wait for my phase change unit for cpu and then smash 12k :D

Have you tried using chilled water? how about a pump upgrade?
Just suggestions, but would be cheaper than phase change.
 
yevaud said:
Have you tried using chilled water? how about a pump upgrade?
Just suggestions, but would be cheaper than phase change.
i paid for my custom phase change unit before Xmas so too late to back out hehe
 
I tink I boke my video card.

I checked out my old 3DMakr05 score lastnight and saw it was around 5500 on my X850XT-PE
Which is shameful.

SO...
I OC my CPU up to 240 HTT X 10 and it was stable.
Then I upped my GPU and MEM to 630 / 610

Ran 3DMark and hit 6867

But afterwards I opened up ATItool and Ran Artifact check and of course it went nuts, then my video card froze and crashed.
After the reset I went into the Bios and set everything back to default.
Then I went into ATItool and set it all back to default.

Then I ran Artifact check again and it was packed with artis.
even my destop was showing arties.

I figured it was all still very hot and decided to shut down to let everything cool off. That was last night.

Is this normal? When I start my computer back up again will I be seeing the arties?
 
Don't know Majin. Mever heard of a card dying from overclocking, unless extreme cooling was involved or volt modding. Card may have just been hot. Nothing to do but fire her up and see what happens...
 
Majin - Probably was just overheating. Return it to normal clocks and default everything. It should work fine.

OP - Congrats on the 12k mark! I just broke 10.5k :D
 
Bona Fide, there is oodles of power in these cards. I bet almost every one out there could could crack 11K + with a little nudging...
 
Back
Top