Clone or mirror output from a gtx 1080 Ti to two identical monitors.

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by schoenda, Feb 3, 2019.

1. schoenda

schoenda Gawd

So, what I want to do is extremely simple...I would like to split the displayport out into two equal outputs to drive two identical monitors with identical pictures, or clones, or mirrors of each other, no video wall or extended desktop. Would a cheap displayport splitter do this without compromising resolution or Hz? If not, how would I go about this.

As always, I thank those smarter than me.

2. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

So there is something preventing you from using 2 separate displayports with screen mirroring set by the driver?

3. schoenda

schoenda Gawd

I am running SLI(I know I should have mentioned that), can I do that? Driver seems to make me disable SLI to set up multiple displays...I really don't know, if I had a cable on hand I would try...one of those situations.

4. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

Let me check when I get home. I think I can do screen mirror on 2 with 2 cards SLI intalled. I currently have it running in extended desktop mode though.

The setup on my main rig is 2x Titan Xp with both monitors plugged into card #1 (Main via displayport and secondary via HDMI) and extended screen setup via driver / windows.

I'm still at the office but I'll post back up when I get home in another hour or two and have a chance to test it out.

5. schoenda

schoenda Gawd

Sweet, thank you.

6. ryan_975

ryan_975 [H]ardForum Junkie

Yes, you can. You just have to plug it into the same card the other monitor is connected to. It'll probably default to extended desktop, but if you hit Win+P you'll be able to change it to duplicate.

EDIT: it doesn't have to be Displayport either. You can use the HDMI port to do the same thing.

EDIT2: I dont know if it'll duplicate in a game.

7. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

Yep works for me.

Attached Files: