Clone or mirror output from a gtx 1080 Ti to two identical monitors.

schoenda

Gawd
So, what I want to do is extremely simple...I would like to split the displayport out into two equal outputs to drive two identical monitors with identical pictures, or clones, or mirrors of each other, no video wall or extended desktop. Would a cheap displayport splitter do this without compromising resolution or Hz? If not, how would I go about this.

As always, I thank those smarter than me.

So there is something preventing you from using 2 separate displayports with screen mirroring set by the driver?

I am running SLI(I know I should have mentioned that), can I do that? Driver seems to make me disable SLI to set up multiple displays...I really don't know, if I had a cable on hand I would try...one of those situations.

Let me check when I get home. I think I can do screen mirror on 2 with 2 cards SLI intalled. I currently have it running in extended desktop mode though.

The setup on my main rig is 2x Titan Xp with both monitors plugged into card #1 (Main via displayport and secondary via HDMI) and extended screen setup via driver / windows.

I'm still at the office but I'll post back up when I get home in another hour or two and have a chance to test it out.

Yes, you can. You just have to plug it into the same card the other monitor is connected to. It'll probably default to extended desktop, but if you hit Win+P you'll be able to change it to duplicate.

EDIT: it doesn't have to be Displayport either. You can use the HDMI port to do the same thing.

EDIT2: I dont know if it'll duplicate in a game.

Yep works for me.

Attachments

• 20190204_202046.jpg
    20190204_202046.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 0
Back