• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Clive Barker’s Hellraiser: Revival

The demo is up.

This demo introduces you to the story of Aidan, who must use the power of a mysterious puzzle box - the Genesis Configuration - to help his girlfriend Sunny’s escape from the otherworldly hellscape of the Labyrinth.

Play through the Prologue, where Aidan follows Sunny into the Labyrinth and discovers a terrifying, ever-shifting realm of nightmares.

Then, experience a portion of Episode 1, where Aidan must escape the clutches of the Scarlet Church, who have taken the Genesis Configuration into their possession.

This portion of the game introduces the basics of puzzle solving, crafting and combat while showing you a brief glimpse into the twisted machinations of the story’s main characters. The entire gameplay experience, including Genesis Configuration powers, an arsenal of weaponry with their upgrades, as well as more complex puzzle solving can be found in the full game.

This demo build is of a pre-release version of the game in which you may encounter bugs, performance issues, or other work in progress content as we continue to polish the game for release. Progress in the demo will not carry over to the full game.


View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/5184670/Clive_Barkers_Hellraiser_Revival_Demo/
 
I had to turn the gamma all the way down and even that wasn't enough. The game doesn't seem to have an HDR implementation which is criminal given how dark/shadowy it is. Looked pretty bad on my OLED.

Hopefully they fix that before launch. Otherwise, the game itself is pretty intriguing.
 
The demo is interesting enough. I'm not sure how it'll hold up over the course of a full game, but if they keep expanding upon the mechanics it might work. I figure I'll probably just keep an eye on reviews before purchasing.
 
Played the demo last night didn't finish yet. I liked the vibe of it, I wanted to keep playing but needed sleep. Dunno why but escaping the cult area reminded me of deus ex, maybe it's the NPC design. They seem stiff like deus ex. And also the janky melee. Probably a mix of those two
 
It plays very similar to condemned from back in the day.

Yup, I can see that. I thought it was vaguely familiar and that's probably the game I was thinking of, too. It's less purely spooky (Condemned scared you with the possibility of things that often never happened) but similar vibe.
 
Back
Top