Client Side Throttle Software/Fix

Brandon Weir

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for some software or a fix for my family PC that will throttle their in and out traffic to the net. I need something that I can install on their PC to limit their bandwidth to slightly faster than dialup speed. I have seen tons of software that I can install on a gateway computer for doing this, but I'm trying to avoid building or finding another PC if it is at all possible. I have a Linksys wireless router that they will be connecting to the net through. Any input on something of this sort would be fantastic. Thanx.

NOTE: I'll also take a WinXP fix if you know of anything that could do anything like this.

You'd almost need QoS on the router to do so. Assign 10% or whatever total bandwidth. I don't know of any software that can do this. Something that would allow you to port throttle at the router.

Get a switch that supports QoS and hook em to that is my only suggestion that I can come up with.

You'd almost need QoS on the router to do so. Assign 10% or whatever total bandwidth. I don't know of any software that can do this. Something that would allow you to port throttle at the router.

Get a switch that supports QoS and hook em to that is my only suggestion that I can come up with.

Here's a link to the Linksys 4 port that was recently released

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?edc=797510

Back