• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Clear NVRAM

MaXimus

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,419
I found this option in BIOS

what is it exactly?

and shall i have it enabled or disabled?
 
Well clearing the CMOS on your motherboard sets all your bios settings to the default values.
So I guess clearing the NVRAM would do a similar thing.
 
mentok1982 said:
Well clearing the CMOS on your motherboard sets all your bios settings to the default values.
So I guess clearing the NVRAM would do a similar thing.
So it should be disabled then I think
 
mentok1982 said:
Well clearing the CMOS on your motherboard sets all your bios settings to the default values.
So I guess clearing the NVRAM would do a similar thing.
So it should be disabled then I think
 
MaXimus666 said:
The default setting is already set to Disabled ;)

I would suggest keepign it that way too. However, I've only known that CMOS to be cleared by a jumper and not an option in BIOS.
 
tornadotsunamilife said:
I would suggest keepign it that way too. However, I've only known that CMOS to be cleared by a jumper and not an option in BIOS.
not necesarily...
 
tornadotsunamilife said:
I would suggest keepign it that way too. However, I've only known that CMOS to be cleared by a jumper and not an option in BIOS.
on my mobo it's through the BIOS ;)
 
Back
Top