• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cleaning off AS5

iSkylla

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
1,685
I just took off my HSF off my CPU and I want to clean off the Artic Silver. What do I use to clean it off? I have some Isopropyl, will that work? What material should I use, like take a Q-Tip and dip it in the Alchohol and brush it off with that? Thanks
 
I usually use q tips and isopropyl. I would watch out for any sort of fibers being left on the processor though.
 
both isopropyl and acetone (fingernail polish remover) are good suggestions, the key with isopropyl is to make sure it is a high purity

you can use a q-tip or any other lint-free material (i use Maxell CD Cleaners)
 
Search function is your best friend...

This question must have been asked a million times on this forum already... Well, not quite a million, but way up there.

Isopropanol will do wonders alone, but your going to need something to get the AS5 off of the processor, therefore, a Q-Tip. Afterwards, if the Q-Tip has done its job right, you'll want to grab a lint free cloth and finish the job off for a wonderful polish. Yay!
 
Back
Top