Cleaning dust from your case... ?

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
Hello,

Just curious what you guys use to clean components and cases out? I have a ton of compressed air cans and those work great to start, but they don't really remove the tiny coating of dust that lingers on PCBs and other parts. Paper towels don't work because they snag on everything, and I don't want to use something that might damage anything with a static build up. Any suggestions?

At work I use an ESD vac, though that might be more expensive than you are looking to spend.

I use anti-static cloths for the case, Compressed air for electrical parts and a paint brush to get all the dust in the corners and off the fans

I have a cheap airbrush compressor, don't risk it with those compressed air cans, sometimes they spray the juice everywhere

There are thousands of threads on this.

Shopvac in reverse with a blower tip, air compressor, or canned air.

Hell, we use a brush head on the vacuum when its really caked on.

Cyberclean, gets the fine static clung dust that fine coats everything, I've used it to clean heatsinks, fans, pcbs... works great!

I use a small brush, compressed air along with a slightly wet microfiber cloth

I have a Rainbow vacuum; blower attachment. Then I flip it around, and use the duster attachment. I hit it up every couple months.

I used to do the canned air thing, but I'm saving lots of money, and the blower works better.

I use a Pratt & Whitney PurePower® PW1500G Engine with a reducer down to garden hose diameter. lol.
I use an artist's brush from the dollar store and cans of compressed air. It works great.

eh, I just use my Bostitch air compressor. I've been doing it for years and haven't damaged anything.

I wish I could say I use my wife to blow it out, but she aint that good.... :p

I use an air compressor and fill up a big CO2 tank for the upstairs.

This right here is absolutely perfect:

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW

I have saved so much money in compressed air since I got it, easily paid for itself in 2yrs.

Useful all over the house, 5yr warranty, replaceable filter, loads of attachments.

You can find threads on many forums about how great this thing is...

I got mine at my local Frys Electronics so I could return it if it wasn't any good and was very pleasantly surprised!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow, just looked at video reviews on that data vac and it looks ridiculous. I know what I want for my next toy :)

I have saved so much money in compressed air since I got it, easily paid for itself in 2yrs.

Useful all over the house, 5yr warranty, replaceable filter, loads of attachments.

I got mine at my local Frys Electronics so I could return it if it wasn't any good and was very pleasantly surprised!
The datavac blows more dust than a hooker giving a blowjob to Pig-Pen. +1

I've been using my air compressor for years....(well, that sounds wrong) :p

deionizers don't work ? Some do reduce dust in my home for sure. But them small ones do not work much try a better one that can handle the dust. Also put filters on each inward fans help.

Thanks for that suggestion. I think I am going to pick one of these up.

Thanks for all the advice guys :) I appreciate it.

Rizen those things blow dust & whatever in an uncontrolled manner all over your PC insides. I think vacuuming is safer than blowing stuff all over. But hey, your PC, your call. Good Luck

Back