Cleaning Cases

fu5i0n

n00b
i bet this has been answered before but..what i need to do know what is the best cleaning product to use to clean aluminium cases

Microfiber + 25%/75% Alcohol (99% , etc) and water mix. I cleaned my Silverstone TJ09 that had fingerprints for ages. Other methods did not work (such as a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, etc), but this mix cleaned my case perfectly and also cleaned my monitor as well.

Microfiber + 25%/75% Alcohol (99% , etc) and water mix. I cleaned my Silverstone TJ09 that had fingerprints for ages. Other methods did not work (such as a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, etc), but this mix cleaned my case perfectly and also cleaned my monitor as well.

this pretty much. anything that removes oil/grease but won't ruin your finish will work great. Also use a rag that won't scratch.

Inside or outside? I just use a Swiffer cloth everywhere to take care of the dust then a damp microfiber cloth if it's streaky or full of fingerprints. I rarely touch my monitor, doesn't seem to accumulate much gunk.

If it's really dusty inside or you haven't cleaned it in a while you might have to break out the canned air and an old toothbrush to take care of the fans... Then a swifer or w/e to swipe all the blown dust and excess out.

didnt mean to hijack, but ive been wondering for the longest time how you can remove scratches on the chassis? if you sand it what grade should you use and what polish should you finish with?

thanks

I use Windex/glass cleaner for aluminum cases (Lian Li's especially), applied with an old (clean) sock. Works fine and leaves a streak free shine. :)

Back