Clean Your Damn Rig!

How...the hell....I didn't clean my HP for almost 4 years and it looked better than this...

my pc is clean. the ion breeze in my room collects more dust than my comp

That poor system trying to stay cool while choking on dust. Does this file under hardware abuse :p?

I thought mine got bad but wow! I have screens on the front of my rig but the intake for the corsair unit could use one. I try to blow mine out bi-monthly. Why spend all that money just to neglect it ? :confused:

The market needs better fucking air fliters on the market and sealed cases so we don't have to clean the fucking things anymore.

every thing should run like a sophisticated server in a server clean room and no dust should get in those fuckers but Case makers Leave holes every where and Filters that are not good enough.

I used to work on PCs for a company that sold wool, yarn, and various bits of fluffy fibers for spinning wheels. That is a whole lot more computer than they had for sure, but nothing like the dust bunnys that lived in their systems. The lint from monthly cleaning could be spun into yarn, and knitted into a Tom Baker era Doctor Who scarf. :D

That should be a god damn crime! Have CPS take it away from his home and give it to a loving family, like me! :D

I never clean mine. I normally upgrade something before it has a chance to get too nasty. The air filters over the fan openings help too.

numerous computers that have this type of excess dust run the risk of spontaneously combusting.

Thats really why it makes all of our stomachs turn.

Ive seen it too many times on peoples computers. The worst thing is i bet IT peeps have to deal with this too. I wonder if IT depts. Make sure to get the cans of compressed air out....however something this bad you almost wanna pull out the vaccuum so all the dust dosent go all over the place...or go outside and do it.

I wonder how hard it would be to construct a HEPA enclosure that has enough air flow to keep everything cool as if it were sitting out, but keep dust and shit out?

Some environments are just a lot more dusty than others. Just because yall are bunch of hardware loving freaks doesn't mean its a terrible crime that someone let their PC get this dusty.

Who cares really, this guy is probably has plenty of money and its not really worth his worry to clean his system on a regular basis. This is where you nerds that love to work with computers get to make money doing your job.

I personally love it when someone brings in a screwed up system with high end parts. Much more entertaining to work on a high end system than a typical piece of crap, and also you know he's probably not going to cry when you tell him how much its going to cost for you to fix it. Seems like a win/win to me.

That's the thing about watercooling. I guess some people who are new to the WC scene automatically assume that once you switch to liquid cooling you can forget about it.

Wrong.

This almost doesn't look like it's neglected as much as someone left out the cotton balls, really odd looking dust build up. I've one of those electric air blowers and dust out my rigs monthly and do detail cleanings quarterly. We don't have any pets and we vacuum daily so the puppies do stay pretty clean.

heh I can tell his case is an Antec Dark Fleet 85 case (I have one by my feet right now)

Yeah that's pretty dusty -- I have to clean/wipe down my stuff once ever 2 weeks or so. The apartment I'm in is just dusty as hell (Despite being cleaned over and over) My last place was brand new everything, carpet/walls/hell the entire building) and was like a clean room vs my current place

I have filters and it helps a lot, obviously I'd never let my rig get this bad, but I so wish I had a high dollar air filtration system for my computer bits :)

I think I need to start selling some Air Filters on the market place and make me some extra chump change. :D

Who cares really, this guy is probably has plenty of money and its not really worth his worry to clean his system on a regular basis. This is where you nerds that love to work with computers get to make money doing your job.

You must work at Best Buy. Sucker!

The accumulation is vastly affected by the area.

I have opened 4 year old severs before with barely a spec of dust in them (running 24/7) but they were in server rooms where a human only visits once a week or so. And then seen some stuff in heavy traffic areas that are gunked up in less than a month after a fresh clean.

I just get those air vent electrostatic filters from Home Depot. Cut them to size and stick them into the the space between the built in filters and case grill for the fans. I don't even need to use canned air to blow out the case anymore... just use a vacuum cleaner on the grille and toss the electrostatic filter pads every few months.

Just looking at pictures like these makes me want to replace the air filter on my furnace

Back