CL TH 10 Worklog-Complete Madness

On with the show! I did not really like the look of the filter mount so I had a scotch and this happened....

DSC04201.jpg

DSC04202.jpg

The filters are not permanently installed, but close.....

DSC04203.jpg

Mood shot.....

DSC04204-1.jpg

How about a look under the hood....

DSC04208.jpg

DSC04209.jpg

DSC04210.jpg

The only problem is that the filters will add about 2' of tubing to the CPU and GPU loop. However, I believe that the 4 D5's will be able to handle it.

DSC04213.jpg

I will probably paint the mounting plates black to match my floor. :eek:

Cheers...

My helper says goodnight...

DSC04200.jpg

Thanks to Martin my SATA breakout cable is sleeved, along with a few others, thanks Martin!

DSC04215.jpg

DSC04216.jpg

DSC04214.jpg

DSC04217.jpg

I know how to sleeve and I have done it, but Martin (psychoSleeve) is an artist! Martin can sleeve ten cables before I can pour a drink! 99% of what you see is Martin's sleeving. I am sleeving the easy stuff, flow sensors, fans, temp sensors, pumps, A5's and the regular SATA cables.

Here is a list of the cables to date;

MB: 24 Pin, 2 x 8pins and 2 x 4 Pins = 48 wires
VC: 3 x 8 Pin, 3 x 6 Pins = 42 wires
SSD: 6 SATA, 6 x4 Pins power = 30 wires
HDD: 3 SATA, 3 x 4 Pins power = 15 wires
Flow: 3 = 3 wires
Temp: 6 = 6 wires
Pumps: 4 x 2 & 1 x 1 = 9 wires
Fans: 12 + 6 extensions = 18 wires
A5 & PA2's: 6 x 4 Pins, 3 Aquabus & 3 USB's = 30 wires

That is a total of 201 wires! I still have the power, reset switches and lighting to do, and I have no idea what I will do for the lighting.:confused:

The plan for tomorrow is to finish all the connections to the A5's, PA2's, tubing to the filters and fill one loop and leak test. Nothing like blind ambition...:D

fantastic work so far, [H]omie!

Many thanks!

Wow this thing has some serious money in it. I like it!

Unfortunately, it does!

I slapped in the A5's and the PA2's along with a bunch of cables....

DSC04222.jpg

Nice mess!

DSC04224.jpg

Then I did a little plumbing and cable pulling....

DSC04226.jpg

DSC04227.jpg

DSC04231.jpg

Every time I think I am getting close, I realize that I have a long way to go!
There is much cable management to do...

Cheers

I keep coming back to look at these pictures... they are telling me to get off my ass and sleeve my cabling.

could be a work firewall but the pics look like they are down

I keep coming back to look at these pictures... they are telling me to get off my ass and sleeve my cabling.

Yes, you must sleeve!

man even the filter setup looks great

Many thanks!

A small update today; all but six cables are in the box. I did a few zip ties to get an idea of where I need to go, and I added the tubing from the filters.

DSC04238.jpg

Yep, still too messy...

DSC04241.jpg

However, most of the front is hidden, especially after I put the barn door on...

DSC04240.jpg

DSC04239.jpg

DSC04243.jpg

DSC04246.jpg

DSC04247.jpg

I was starting to feel good and stretching the tubing on the backside when I heard, snap, crackle, pop and it wasn't my cereal or an ice cube!

DSC04242.jpg

My acrylic filter plate broke! This was pilot error on my part. I cut my templates from 1/4" and use 3/8" for the final mount. I used 1/4" so I have to cut another one, no fun! I may use black acrylic this time...........

Cheers

BTW, Dogs do eat fish!

DSC04251.jpg

Last edited:
OK, so I cut another piece of acrylic and remounted the filters. I should have worn a mask....sneeze

DSC04265.jpg

I added the lights and of course one burned out...........

DSC04271.jpg

Mood shot....

DSC04270.jpg

The SS filters are very fine as you can see, and if I have any bad guys in the loop...:gunner2:

Cheers :cheers:

I nominate this build as [H]ardest on the forum... awesome work!

What lights are you using inside the Aqua filters? I have the same filter with Aqua's UV LED, and it's not nearly that bright.

It has been a year and I am finally getting around to finishing this beast. I changed the rotary fittings to the reservoirs and added a piece of acrylic.

DSC04552.jpg

Now, I am in fill mode.

DSC04554.jpg

Cheers

Mayhem's Black Oil is.............

DSC04559.jpg

Really black....and the tubing looks good too....

DSC04560.jpg

Two more loops to go!

Back