CL TH 10 Worklog-Complete Madness

Dang this case is looking awesome. I'm contemplating one of the smaller ones for my next build as I'm struggling to find a decent case that allows me the radiator space i'd like without being as big as say, the 800D. The cube case presents an intriguing compromise, tho this one would be about 5 steps beyond overkill for me. Did you list the exact dimensions somewhere?

Many thanks! CL cases offer you everything an enthusiast wants, space and the ability to add on via the pedestal. This is a case that you will have for many years to come, pull the trigger!

I have seen some clear acrylic cases at Fry's electronics if you live in America that are smaller and designed for water cooling. And they are crystal clear.

:confused: No comparison!

A few things arrived today and think I have all of the fittings that I will need. I also received some fan extension cables, 20' of clear LRT tubing, 4 Aqua temp sensors ( 8 in total) and 2 more Aqua flow meters....I tried to find Aqua inline filters for complete overkill, but no luck.....

DSC04058.jpg

DSC04062.jpg

Only 3 more shipments to go! Hopefully I will be leak testing by Sunday!

Cheers

The EK 250 arrived, so I got out a spare piece of red acrylic and slapped it in.
Sorry for the bad pics, the lighting was terrible and it was scotch time!

DSC04063.jpg

DSC04064.jpg

DSC04065.jpg

Then after a scotch....wait a minute, lets get creative...

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

Hang it from the top! I like it, but it opens a whole new can of worms....
If I mount from the top, I would go one of two ways; the 400 res from the top and the 250's mounted together on the backplate, or the 250's from the top and the 400 mounted in between on the backplate?

Sorry, there are a number of options. :confused: LMK what you think.
I have to go work on my tank now to distract me from this build.

Thanks for looking in.

Cheers

Seeker I was NOT recommending the frys case compared to the CL. There is certainly no comparison haha. Shit I have a corsair 800D and its a damn nice case but no where near the perfection of your CL unit.

Seeker I was NOT recommending the frys case compared to the CL. There is certainly no comparison haha. Shit I have a corsair 800D and its a damn nice case but no where near the perfection of your CL unit.

No worries! Do you have an opinion regarding the res mount?

Everything is stripped down and ready for the tubing tomorrow and hopefully the leak test. I just have to decide on the res locations.....

I am not liking this one.

DSC04079.jpg

This has potential.

DSC04083.jpg

With some rotary madness, it could get interesting.

DSC04084.jpg

I have pretty much ruled out the bottom mount. The top mount looks better to me, especially with the rotary mount. It drops the res just enough and adds much more support over the D-plugs. Additionally, I like the red acrylic plate left untouched.

Any thoughts?

With some rotary madness, it could get interesting.

DSC04084.jpg

From what I've seen so far, this is the option that gets my vote...
I find having the 3 reservoirs staggered like that adds to the look.
My only question would be whether the rotary fittings are strong enough to hold the weight of the filled res ?!?!

P.S. This is going to be a monster of a rig, both in beauty and horsepower !!

I cant comment on your res mounting locations because I do not know what you envision as the end result. I would do a dry run with tubing to see if it all works for you. Always remember that its an ass to get air out of your loop if you have a pump mounted up high. You may need to power on the pumps and turn your case whatever direction will let the pumps temporarily exist on the bottom of the loop.

I received the new res's today ,so now I have 3 EK 400's! IMO it looks much better.

DSC04094.jpg

DSC04095.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

I also received more fittings and something special in the middle res, look closely.....

I did a close check and I have 22 fittings in the pedestal and additional 18 in the main case for a total of 40! However, no 90's!

Much more tomorrow, especially if my shipment arrives from Shoggy!

Cheers

I am in the process of putting everything together and I would like some opinions regarding the fitting colors.

Red....

DSC04104.jpg

Black compressions, which I don't care for...

DSC04106.jpg

True silver.....

DSC04110.jpg

Black barbs....

DSC04112.jpg

The lineup....

DSC04115.jpg

The tubing will be clear and I will be using red dye. LMK what you think....

sooo cool, i like the black fittings

Thanks for the input.

I should clarify that the CPU and the Ram block would be the only fittings that would be red. Everything else will be black compression or barbs. I will hide a few silver fittings where possible.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did all of this cost?

And more importantly I was curious, why did you decide to have 3 huge reservoirs? It just seems like with all those reservoirs would cause a lot of excess tubing putting a lot of strain on the pump(s).

@tango, it doesn't matter but the pink doesn't do it for me, but you and athlonxp and the other guys have some of teh sickest setups so nvm haha

If you don't mind me asking, how much did all of this cost?

And more importantly I was curious, why did you decide to have 3 huge reservoirs? It just seems like with all those reservoirs would cause a lot of excess tubing putting a lot of strain on the pump(s).

I used the 400's because the case is very big and I have always wanted to use them. With regard to cost, I will let you know when I finish.

@tango, it doesn't matter but the pink doesn't do it for me, but you and athlonxp and the other guys have some of teh sickest setups so nvm haha

Haha I understand. I own a 2004 Subaru STi and I love the Blue and Pink scheme of the car. Very Japanese. Its sort of a color combo that I found by accident but ended up loving it with the water coolant dyes. The tubing is clear Tygon.

I cant wait to see Seekers loops. Im so damn excited you have no idea.

I cant wait to see Seekers loops. Im so damn excited you have no idea.

I finished everything in the basement and bolted everything together....it is big! I placed most of the cables and tubing to get an idea of what I need to do next, a lot...........

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04119.jpg

The back shot in an artsy way.....

DSC04120.jpg

I decided to switch out the CL PCI white plates for black too....

DSC04121.jpg

Cable management and tube routing will be important to say the least...

DSC04122.jpg

The naked frontal.....

DSC04124.jpg

Once again, cable management and tube routing will be important to get a clean look, however it's really nice to have two cases in one!

DSC04125.jpg

Not to mention, having access to the basement....

DSC04126.jpg

As I have stated throughout this thread, this is a dream case! Every time I think I will have a problem, the case saves my butt. I have never had the luxury of such optionality, thanks CaseLabs!

And now on to something very important......

DSC04127.jpg

Cheers

dayum your house looks like somthing out of a mafia movie, keep the updates coming

Ahhh! A fellow scotch drinker. You should look into getting some Banshaku Ice Balls molds. The 2" diameter ball keeps it colder longer without watering it down as fast.

I'm loving the build. Keep up the great work.

dayum your house looks like somthing out of a mafia movie, keep the updates coming

Thanks!

Ahhh! A fellow scotch drinker. You should look into getting some Banshaku Ice Balls molds. The 2" diameter ball keeps it colder longer without watering it down as fast.

I'm loving the build. Keep up the great work.

I ordered the ice ball molds, many thanks and thanks for the compliment!

I did a little tube routing experimentation. I used white tubing for the CPU and ram block so it would be easier to see. I still have not decided upon the fittings but I needed to get an idea of what needs to be done. Obviously, this will take some work!

DSC04128.jpg

DSC04129.jpg

DSC04130.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

im not one to talk and i know its not done but the wiring is still messy

I started on the 3rd loop with the A5's and I had a small problem. Here is a pic of the two types of compression fittings I have.....

DSC04135.jpg

The one pictured first will not work......

DSC04136.jpg

For obvious reasons....

DSC04139.jpg

Yes, those little SS hex-heads get in the way, so I will go with the old tried and true method with a barb in black.....

DSC04141.jpg

or maybe a true silver since all of this will be hidden.....

DSC04143.jpg

The block does not seat as well as I would like, so using the barbs will allow me to put more pressure on the block.

Cheers

The first two loops are basically complete and I went with all compression fittings. I still have to add the flow meters, in line temp sensors and the filters. I may still change a few things, but I have to study it a while. Obviously there is a lot to do with the wires!

DSC04145.jpg

DSC04150.jpg

This should look crazy with red,white and black dye......

DSC04151.jpg

The back side is going to need a lot of work too!

DSC04147.jpg

Fortunately, the case has a few hidden features that will allow for great cable management. I can tell you that it is very heavy so I decided to put it on my lift that I use for my tanks.

DSC04149.jpg

It's still messy but that will soon change.

Cheers

very awesome work so far!

so you must tell what scotch that is :D

reminds me I havent ordered my whiskey stones yet...

very awesome work so far!

so you must tell what scotch that is :D

reminds me I havent ordered my whiskey stones yet...

Thank you! My favorite is JW blue!

I started to tidy up the backside of the case a bit. This case is outstanding when it comes to cable management.

DSC04158.jpg

DSC04157.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

DSC04161.jpg

I have to get the duck out of the room!

DSC04162.jpg

more excellent work and taste!

I have a bottle of green in the cabinet upstairs!

Thanks! I forgot to post this pic which shows you how much thought went into this case. These are great for cable management.

DSC04166.jpg

Last edited:
The last shipment arrived this evening...thanks to Shoggy and thanks for the pen!

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

DSC04169.jpg

I will be mounting these on a piece of acrylic on the PSU side of the case. Most likely adjacent to the res acrylic mount up top. Yes, I know more overkill, however these also function as a quick disconnect, albeit a German quick disconnect! Unfortunately, I am short six fittings! Another order which has already been placed.

Cheers :drink:

those are filters correct?

the slots for the zipties by the WM holes is awesome

I spent a little time with the Aqua filters... the two legged spiders!

DSC04183-Copy.jpg

DSC04184-Copy.jpg

DSC04185-Copy.jpg

DSC04190.jpg

Yes, the fittings cost much more than the filters...Obviously, I made a template and did a rough cut out of white acrylic, the final may be black or red.........

DSC04192.jpg

I know the spacing is not even, which is due to my plumbing requirements, fittings and many other mistakes on my part!

DSC04191.jpg

This plate will be mounted like the res plate from the bottom and now have to decide if I should re-plumb half of my system to make room for the filters?

Time for a drink...............

OK, so I have something very crazy that I am working on regarding the filter mounts and that should be unveiled tomorrow, I hope?
In the meantime I decided to rough cut three pieces of acrylic for the Tri-SLI bridge...the white sucks...

DSC04193.jpg

The red is too much and too stark of a contrast....

DSC04195.jpg

The black, she is a perfecto!

DSC04194.jpg

The black, while quite subdued, lend itself better to the Aqua bridge, at least IMO.
Now, a hint of something white that will show up (GPU loop) in the next few days...

DSC04196.jpg

Cheers and thanks for looking in!

Wow, some $$ spent....well spent that is. That's a fair bit of ice in that scotch btw. ;) Looking forward to the finished product.

Back