Cisco Expands CCNA

LoL. It was just announced. Books will come soon enough. In the mean time I'm sure looking over the Professional track (ie CCNP CCSP CCVP) materials will have everything needed for these exams.

I was about to flip when I saw the title as I just got my plain-vanilla CCNA books. Luckily that isn't affected.

It's certainly a good way to get warmed up for the CCNP. I am going to go get my security and wireless specializations now. I was working on the Cisco Certified Wireless Engineer thingy they had. I guess CCNA + wireless, or whatever they will call it will look better . . . maybe . . .

Wow this is nice. Already got my CCNA, but I'm interested in specializing in the security (CCSP) path so this is very much welcomed as going after the CCSP is expensive for me. I'm also looking into voip tech as there is a demand for techs that specialize in that area in my region so the CCNA Voice is also something I am interested in.

While we're talking about it, can someone recommend a good CCNA book to me? I just banged out Network+ and I am going to dig into CCNA next.

Check out the Cisco Press Books like CCNA Exam Certification Library by Wendell Odom. Also there is a good CCNA book from Sybex. I used these books along with the white papers/docs at Cisco's website for reading material to aid me in passing the exam last year.

Back