Christmas Loot Thread

Signal

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
295
Post all the video game stuff you get for Christmas!

(posting this now because I know some people open gifts on Christmas Eve)
 
Got a bunch of stuff from my gaming buddies on steam. (Just Cause 2, BF2, BFBC2, Fallout New Vegas)
Might have more stuff from the wife and kids in the morning!
 
I got Uncharted: Drakes Fortune from my mom. It was nice because I had never gotten around to snagging it. Now I just have to budget some time to actually play it lol. She still wont tell me how she managed to pick out a good game that I happened to not have... I think the Freemasons were somehow involved.
 
Got a kinect, a third monitor and enough money/giftcards to buy a 6950 for eyefinity baby! lol
 
nothing. bought a house.

Incorrect, you obtained a new gaming setup :) :cool: CONGRATS

edit. I'm on the west coast and won't be opening gifts until tomorrow. First year in my entire life I have not asked for any games. I did however request a Wheel Stand Pro for my wheel for Forza 3 and Forza 4 for next year :) I expect nothing, I expect my family, food and memories but if I get gifts then RAD!

edit. I blew like $800 on my wife, lol. She's worth more, I just couldn't justify it.
double edit. A chunk of that was gaming stuff, she games :)
 
Incorrect, you obtained a new gaming setup :) :cool: CONGRATS

edit. I'm on the west coast and won't be opening gifts until tomorrow. First year in my entire life I have not asked for any games. I did however request a Wheel Stand Pro for my wheel for Forza 3 and Forza 4 for next year :) I expect nothing, I expect my family, food and memories but if I get gifts then RAD!

edit. I blew like $800 on my wife, lol. She's worth more, I just couldn't justify it.
double edit. A chunk of that was gaming stuff, she games :)

haha I know the feeling, bought the wife a new android phone to replace her dumb phone,some jewelry clothing and a night at the fantasy land hotel theme rooms in the West Edmonton Mall :D
 
Got a Magic the Gathering limited edition fire and lighting deck.:cool: oh and a can of green beans because I was short to make a casserole.
 
Got Golden Sun ds, a wow gametime card, and black ops pc. I'll only be playing/using golden sun though.
 
I got a Logitech Drving force Pro from my brother in-law, I gave him GT5 Collectors, EB games sold my copy ;-(. + All the steam games I've received & going to buy with prepaid credit cards + got wow time so I can finally get into that! Gotta finish all these before more snow falls!
 
All you need now is kids and you can kissing gaming goodbye!!

i went the other way and have a kid on the way. 3 months preg now, but next is house. I will never kissing gaming goodbye. I'll have my room/closet, to get away and play those games.

anyways. Got fable 3, Killzone 2 and bought myself bc2 vietnam.
 
I got Playstation Move from the wife, Just need to look into getting some games that use it. Maybe get back into MAG.
 
My wife bought me a couple of games & a Mcdonalds Frappe lol I got myself around 15 games on Steam & bought 2 more to Donate :)
 
I change that. My gaming clan gave me Amnesia Dark Descent on steam christmas woooooo! Hellsgamers FO-EV-VER!
 
Halo: Reach
NFS Hot Pursuit
1600 point Live card
Just Cause 2

The last one doesn't really count as a present since I bought it off Steam a couple of days ago but I've been putting so much time into it.
 
Kinect Sports....OMG am I sore this morning haha (those hurdles are killer)!

Also played some of the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved game. I am now convinced that you can actually get in semi-decent shape playing Kinect. Wii Fit is a joke compared to this stuff.
 
I bought a bunch of inexpensive games on Steam for myself...

and... am prepping for Sandy Bridge :D! Probably going to get a Gigabyte P67A-UD5, Intel i7 2600K, and a new set of 2x 4GB DDR3 sticks (8gb total) for my setup (plus a $10 bracket to make my Xigmatek S1283 work with it ;)).

Hopefully will end up 5ghz+ from the look of things, plus a healthy 15%+ IPC boost at same clocks... = YUM!
 
A couple of Polk monitor series 40 speakers, SB Titanium HD sound card and a Yamaha amp

Heeeeheee!

Also some gems I missed for like dirt cheap on steam...Mirror's Edge, Wings of Prey, and Amnesia The Dark Decent
 
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for the Xbox

...most of my gifts were non-gaming related this year, so that's about it.

I bought Kirby's Epic Yarn as a gift for someone though :)
 
Xbox 360 250 gig console, Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 2, Gears 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Plus today I went out and picked up Mass Effect and Fallout: New Vegas with the Christmas money.
 
Got the Corsair HS1 headset. Can't decide if I like them or not.

Edit: OK, I like them. They took some getting used to after using a pair of Sennheiser HD570 open-air headphones. I had to boost the base just a bit, but after that they have been quite nice.
 
Last edited:
GF got me Saitek flight rudder pedals. :) Wings of Prey eyefinity glory!!
Brother got me Fallout: NV for PC :)
I picked up a ton of crap on the Steam sale. I also got a badass Yeti cooler.
 
Steam:
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Borderlands (Highly addictive game!)

Target:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (On sale for $19.99, had $20 gift card, only paid tax :cool: )

Hardware:
i7 965 Extreme Edition
RevoDrive x2 480 (Waiting for delivery)
Corsair H70
Various 120mm fans
 
A 6850 and 4GB DDR3 1333 which I am just installing. Need to try to get the old 3.6Ghz OC again.
 
Hardware: Saphire HD 4650 1GB DDR2 AGP - for my old P4ht machine

Store: Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas

Steam: Braid, Osmos, Machinarium, Overlord, Overlord II, Overlord: Raising Hell, Torchlight, Super Meat Boy, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Mount & Blade: Warband, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Amnesia: The Dark Decent, Counter-Strike: Source, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Aliens Vs Predator.

And I'll be buying more as the Holiday Sales continue!!!! :D
 
Back
Top