• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Christmas lights

painball

n00b
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Messages
42
Is it safe to add christmas lights to the inside of my case? I was just thinking about how cool it would be to string some small multicolored christmas lights around my window on the inside of the case. :cool:
 
Sure, you can even power them with dc voltage.

Might add a little heat to your case, but nothing to worry about.
 
I tryed this before on an old AT comp... Make sure you have more then 4 lights or you will burn out the bulbs and it can be connected to the power supply. ;)

Oh yea dont go over 8 light bulbs becuase it would be really dim.
 
yea, I would hook up 5 lights to the yellow wire, that's 12 volts so each light will get 2.4 volts.

Christmas tree lights want 2.5 volts, so 2.4 will be great.
 
What I really wanna do is use the smaller multicolored lights, not the huge bulbs. I guess I gotta see how much power they use. All I gotta do is look on the box for the recommended power usage and divide it into 12? Seems simple enough. :)
 
Back
Top