Christian Bale Exits Steve Jobs Movie

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Christian Bale is no longer going to play Steve Jobs in that upcoming movie directed by Danny Boyle. Personally, I think Bale would have been a phenomenal Jobs.

Sources say Bale, after much deliberation and conflicting feelings, came to the conclusion he was not right for the part and decided to withdraw. The script is said to be divided into three acts that detail Jobs preparing for three presentations that came to define his life and the life of the company he co-founded, lost and came back to.

Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with having to deal with Seth Rogen.

I would have quit too once they started talking to Seth Rogan. I wouldn't take the chance he could make the stretch.

"The script is said to be divided into three acts that detail Jobs preparing for three presentations that came to define his life and the life of the company he co-founded, lost and came back to"

I like Danny Boyle as a director but the plot sounds boring...maybe that's why Bale bailed...pun intended! :D

I really don't think Steve Jobs needs a movie. They act like he is the Einstein or Newton of our time. Which he pales in comparison. He was good at stealing ideas and great at marketing. But an icon... I think not. He was good at making zombies. Perhaps they should make an apple zombie movie where he is the patient zero? Maybe that would be more fitting.

I really don't think Steve Jobs needs a movie. They act like he is the Einstein or Newton of our time. Which he pales in comparison. He was good at stealing ideas and great at marketing. But an icon... I think not. He was good at making zombies. Perhaps they should make an apple zombie movie where he is the patient zero? Maybe that would be more fitting.

Yeah he's more of P. T. Barnum than Einstein. But he's and example of when a relatively smart and vested person is running a company and more or less able to keep the Wallstreet Peanut Gallery at bay.

From what I've heard, he's a PITA to work with. Many directors don't want to work with him ever again. This isn't all that surprising.

I think Noah Wyle did a good job a Steve Jobs before.

Yes and it was because they took the story of growth from the first computer to his clash with Bill Gates, it didn't focus on the brain washy Jobs which occurred later with the i-era.

If anything Bale probably didn't want to lose a bunch of weight to play skinny cancer Jobs, he's done it before (way beyond) and that shit ain't good on your body. Not worth it for a Jobs movie.

From what I've heard, he's a PITA to work with. Many directors don't want to work with him ever again. This isn't all that surprising.

You can say the same about Jobs. Perfect fit. :) Personally, I think he would have done a good job in the role. He can do the asshole role well, has the looks, etc.. He could do it.

Too bad. He's as much of an asshole as Steve Jobs was. He could have just been himself and been a passable Jobs.

POSV was awesome but it was the Gates VS Jobs dynamic that made it interesting.

Bale would have been perfect .. They're both demanding perfectionist pricks. So he had that going for him.

I think the ashton kutcher one was alright. I'm not 100% if the facts were perfect, but why make another one so soon? Hollywood is long past out of ideas. lol

Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with having to deal with Seth Rogen.

I would have quit too once they started talking to Seth Rogan. I wouldn't take the chance he could make the stretch.

What's with all the hate for Seth Rogen? I doubt that has anything to do with it and from what I've seen his seems like a generally nice dude and uses his platform to push issue on topics important to him and others too.

What's with all the hate for Seth Rogen? I doubt that has anything to do with it and from what I've seen his seems like a generally nice dude and uses his platform to push issue on topics important to him and others too.

Seth Rogan can only do one character. All of films I've seen, it's the same character

I think Noah Wyle did a good job a Steve Jobs before.
I liked Noah Wyle in PoSV, but he gave a totally inaccurate portrayal of Steve Jobs.

Noah Wyle made Steve Jobs likable. Steve Jobs was a backstabbing sociopathic asshole. I think Bale would've been a great Jobs, much more realistic.

Bale would have been an awesome Jobs IMO so this really sucks. I hope they find somebody that is at least significantly better then Kutcher as Jobs.

Seth Rogan can only do one character. All of films I've seen, it's the same character

And this character is NOT Wozniak. Rogen is kinda cool but he's way over the top for my tastes and is nothing like Woz.

I liked Noah Wyle in PoSV, but he gave a totally inaccurate portrayal of Steve Jobs.

Noah Wyle made Steve Jobs likable. Steve Jobs was a backstabbing sociopathic asshole. I think Bale would've been a great Jobs, much more realistic.

What? How long has it been since you've watched that move? They made him look like the prick he was. Woz said this was a pretty accurate portrayal of how the whole thing went down unlike the Ashton movie.

I can only imagine just what kind of nut-cupping vomit-fest this movie will be, I'd run for the hills as well.

Let Tim Cooks bf rest in peace for gods sake stop the endless profiteering on the back on his life

Really? I feel like I watched a different movie. Jobs seemed like an irresponsible megalomaniac in PoSV.

I wish they would stop trying to make this happen. 3rd time's the charm right?

Let Tim Cooks bf rest in peace for gods sake stop the endless profiteering on the back on his life

And this has what to do with Bale leaving the movie? Sounds like you're just trying to start a major argument between the anti and pro-gays.

WTF? Didn't I just watch the movie "Jobs" like just a few months ago? It was actually pretty good with Ashton Kuchar. Now another one? Geeezus christ.

Ya if that was any portrayal of how he really was, now he is more of a douchebag than I thought before.

Maybe he started reading what kind of person Jobs was and didn't like it one bit

And he was not a "genius" by any stretch of the imagination either.

Back