Christian Bale Confirmed To Play Steve Jobs

^^^ lots of sad and emotional nerds in this thread

You've never seen a good conversation on sports by fans? Or designers by women? Or food by foodies? Or anything else? This is a forum generally for nerds, you're going to get some discussion - and it's not going to be the shallow "yup. uh huh." stuff.

You must be a hit at parties.

Considering how much Hitler and Steve Jobs had in common, its not surprising to see another Steve Jobs movie so soon. Think about how many Hitler movies have been made to date... can't even count them. Many people admire those that are able to manipulate the masses like they did.

Personally, I saw enough of Steve Jobs in that last Transformers movie. ;)

Steve Jobs was a Messiah for FoxConn or something Bale can portray anyone in any form of life it seems.

^^^ upset they're making another steve jobs movie

Ahhh. Maybe it's going to be Steve Jobs 3: The Last Stand. Kind of like XMen.... Wait. Maybe I don't want the movie, either!

I would like a more realistic movie of Jobs. Bale has the bitchiness and temper to pull it off without much acting.

If it turns out to be a flop - it will be one too many Job's movies. If it turns out great, I'm sure we'll all be changing our opinions.

Considering how much Hitler and Steve Jobs had in common, its not surprising to see another Steve Jobs movie so soon. Think about how many Hitler movies have been made to date... can't even count them. Many people admire those that are able to manipulate the masses like they did.

Personally, I saw enough of Steve Jobs in that last Transformers movie. ;)

and thus Godwin's law was invoked...

Woz was doing a good job way back when. He did it for the fun and the better of humanity. Jobs was the greedy, maniacal, looney, cancerous one.

I always found it odd that the anti-"the man" people were always going for Apple. They like to go for the underdog, and say they hate corporations, but they never really got that Apple was just as dirty and profit hungry just as any other corporation is....

...and let us not compare the philanthropic work of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs...

How many Jews would you estimate Steve Jobs murdered?
I didn't say they lived in identical times with the same job title, just that they are very alike.

1) Both very arrogant
2) Both have dominant personality traits with ambitions to change the world
3) Both reported to have fanatical like/dislike reactions, without much gray area
4) Both were well known to take credit for others ideas they liked
5) Both over-engaged in micromanagement well outside their fields of expertise.
6) Both reported to have pushed their workers very hard with unrealistic goals/deadlines
7) Both created and were subject to powerful "reality distortion fields" that even ultimately contributed to their deaths
8) Both died at age 56
9) Both deaths could have likely been prevented if not on a belief in miraculous "wunder" products, Hitler with his superweapons and Jobs his super herbs, ignoring pleas of experts until it was too late
10) Both abandoned by their parents early in life
11) Both wandering vagabonds in their youths
12) Both rejected formal education and dropped out of school
13) Both very good about putting on a good show with inspiring theatrics, from Hitler's great parades and speeches to Jobs hyper machine and product announcement fanfares
14) Both started off as small "rebel" groups against the established power, with a very hostile and aggressive approach to competition (Hitler's SS troops and Job's army of lawyers)
15) Both vegetarians
16) Both rumored to have been spotted in Brazil after their deaths

Name another famous person from history that has more in common with Steve Jobs, I dare you! :D

Here is a preview. Christian plays him perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA

I read somewhere that the director of photography had done that (wandered into / interrupted scenes being shot) three different times before Bale went off.

I don't know about you, but I'd be pissed too when thousands of dollars are lost, time, work, etc. to reshoot scenes because the DP is wandering around on the set in the middle of shooting.

Listening to that again DOES confirm that he'd be an epic Steve Jobs though....not that we need another Steve Jobs movie though.

Well, after seeing his insane rant at the lighting guy on the set of terminator, he should be quite good at portraying what an asshole Jobs was reputed to be.

I know the difference is subtle, but Jobs was more of a dick than an asshole.

Rectal cancer kills assholes so....
Steve Jobs died of rectal cancer?

Pretty sure Ashton Kutcher already did, and Noah Wyle did it best of all before them. Enough already.

Yes, but neither of those were approved by the mighty Apple and thus it has been ruled that they do not exist.

While I loved PoSV it had a glaring oversight, it did not beatify Jobs and as such is wrong, so sayeth Saint Jobs!

Just let Batman play Batman, and Ben fucking Affleck can go play Jobs .... again, like this hasn't been beaten like a dead horse.

awesome i love bale. ultimate alpha male that knows how to whine and complain and get away with it.

Pretty sure Ashton Kutcher already did, and Noah Wyle did it best of all before them. Enough already.

Ashton Kutcher is not an actor though - just pretending and terrible at it. Did you watch his "performance". It was beyond cringe-worthy.

Am I the only one picturing Steve Jobs talking in a hoarse batman voice?

He did use the batman voice often... in private as he serenaded his latest iGadget before bed

Ashton Kutcher is not an actor though - just pretending and terrible at it. Did you watch his "performance". It was beyond cringe-worthy.

I didn't say it was good. Just said he did it.

And frankly, I thought he was quite good in Butterfly Effect anyway.

He's perfect. Jobs was also notorious for throwing over the top temper tantrums.

Yeah, wow, what a jerk. I don't care how many times that guy strolled onto set like that. That is just downright rude the way he treated that guy. And then the guy acting all meek around Bale? I could think of some more colorful words, but Bale was clearly in the wrong for how he handled that. I heard later he apologized, as well he should, but he needs some anger management classes I think.

Yeah, wow, what a jerk. I don't care how many times that guy strolled onto set like that. That is just downright rude the way he treated that guy. And then the guy acting all meek around Bale? I could think of some more colorful words, but Bale was clearly in the wrong for how he handled that. I heard later he apologized, as well he should, but he needs some anger management classes I think.

Please. You've never been in a work situation where you're focusing on something, and someone comes along and rudely interrupts without even noticing? You haven't felt the urge to bitch them out for being inconsiderate? Bale was simply giving voice to a rant we've all wanted to go on at some point. It's just that in this passive-aggressive, fearful, isolated society we are all now afraid of confrontation.

Please. You've never been in a work situation where you're focusing on something, and someone comes along and rudely interrupts without even noticing? You haven't felt the urge to bitch them out for being inconsiderate? Bale was simply giving voice to a rant we've all wanted to go on at some point. It's just that in this passive-aggressive, fearful, isolated society we are all now afraid of confrontation.

Well, sure, there are people everyday I want to give them a piece of my mind, but I don't. Quite ironically, as Bale points out in the rant, it's about professionalism. It's immature, it's condescending, it doesn't take into account what is going with the other party and ultimately just unprofessional. If I were to speak like that to a coworker I would be fired in a heartbeat, not only because of the language used but also because of the completely egregious way another employee was treated. I realize they are in a different industry, but at that level it's still uncalled for.

I'm almost positive Bale is a method actor which would explain, but not excuse, his actions.

I'm almost positive Bale is a method actor which would explain, but not excuse, his actions.

That happened on the set of Terminator: Salvation, so since he would have been Jon Connor, even in method acting, I wouldn't see Jon Connor treating another human being like that necessarily. I understand what you are saying though and you are right in that it's no excuse. It's too bad that some of these actors are allowed to be so coarse like this, but as we all know, money talks. Also McG is a doormat.

Christian Bale:
I was out of order beyond belief, I acted like a punk. There is nobody who heard the tape who is hit harder than me. I make no excuses for it. It is inexcusable.

The guy deserved it. Completely unprofessional, wonder into the scene 3 time....

Patrick Bateman is going to run APPLE! This is going to be interesting. Almost Hip to be Square.

Christian Bale:
I was out of order beyond belief, I acted like a punk. There is nobody who heard the tape who is hit harder than me. I make no excuses for it. It is inexcusable.

Hopefully he meant it, however I have seen so many famous people "apologize" for their wrongdoings it's hard to believe them.

The guy deserved it. Completely unprofessional, wonder into the scene 3 time....

No one deserves to be treated like that unless he purposefully did it, which I doubt. Are you being facetious? Why would you think anyone would deserve that?

Back