Chris Hansen’s “To Catch a Predator” to Seek Revival

You said it was illegal to have sexual relations with anyone not 18+, which is not the case and is what I have pointed out based on current law.

I dodged around nothing and talked about everything head-on. Legal adult age is not the same across the board and is why I said to be a "legal adult across the board" you need to be 21 years of age. This is the same as age of consent, it changes, you could have a fine legal relationship with someone in one state, and cross the state line and now you are in trouble, but nothing has changed.

I also do not care who people label or what they label them, if what they state is correct why should I say otherwise? To dismiss out of hand because of personal feelings toward someone is something you expect from a child, not a reasoning adult.

That is not what I said at all. I'm done with this conversation if you can't grasp basic concepts. I will try one last time to break this down simplistically enough for you and Mope to understand and try to prevent the two of you from twisting it.

1) My first and Original point was that an ADULT as No business going over to the house of a minor at the behest of the minor believing they are alone. I left age of consent entirely out of it as that can be a grey area in some states and was NOT relevant to this conversation. The Ages in question in This conversation were 12-14 year old Girls who are not age of consent and males who historically in the show were 18+.

2) You wanted to get into the whole what defines a legal adult bullshit as a diversion as it doesn't have anything at all to do with the above point and this thread. It isn't relevant to the conversation in the least because in any instance of what we are talking about here, anything above 18 is going to be tried as an Adult criminal. Going out to buy alcohol isn't important to this conversation. I'm unsure why you haven't been able to figure that out yet. I used joining the military as the example, but probably should of stuck with what the justice system would use when sentencing someone and that is 18 in every single state.

3) Age of consent laws and the abuse of them are another argument and no I don't support them being abused. I thought I made it clear that I considered it absolute bullshit that an 18 year old could be labeled as a sex offender for having sex with someone he had been dating for years because she was 17. It was a blatant abuse of statutory laws in a state that had age of consent. That however was something you wanted to argue and I should of just ignored because again it had nothing at all to do with the context of the conversation at hand.

So let me state this Clearly. If you are a male or female aged 18 or above. You have Absolutely NO reason at all going to the house of a minor younger than age of consent you met on the internet, when you believe they are home alone. If you disagree with that statement then there is something Seriously Wrong in your head.

Grown man going over to the house of a girl the thinks is underage and alone. That's the only way you ended up on this show I know of.

Pfft. I'm going over to play Mario Kart.

Of course, where I live, it'd be more like I'm going to a 15 year olds house to babysit her 2 kids... :p

You know what I'd rather see instead of this? Things where they do look for people actually offering sex (or too many details of their personal information) and then they show up to educate them on how bad it could have been. I see girls showing cleavage, saying they want 420 and sex, and blah blah blah. Two days later, they say they are home alone for the weekend. They've already shared where they live, pictures of them, home alone... Recipe for disaster.

All the legal and moral discussion aside for a moment, who really hangs out in ye olde chatrooms these days? Least of all teenage girls.

So let me state this Clearly. If you are a male or female aged 18 or above. You have Absolutely NO reason at all going to the house of a minor younger than age of consent you met on the internet, when you believe they are home alone. If you disagree with that statement then there is something Seriously Wrong in your head.
Yeah, that's really clearing things up...wouldn't want to "twist" it :rolleyes:

You want to hand wave age of consent laws out of consideration and then make a blanket statement that anyone 18+ has no business going to a minor's home...when the entire split between 18+ and a wide variance of ages younger than 18 is handled completely differently in each state based on those age of consent laws you find so off-topic. Perfectly clear. It's all about me and his inability to understand the greater good. Nicely played comrade.

All the legal and moral discussion aside for a moment, who really hangs out in ye olde chatrooms these days? Least of all teenage girls.
This was the entirely confusing thing about the whole charade. In an age where tinder, name your dating site of choice, Facebook, twitter, all have apps, the number of people in IRC meeting up for these kinds of rendezvous are infinitesimally tiny and least of all young, teenage *girls* of all people.

Any of those guys on that show would come within eyesight of a normal, functioning teenage girl and they'd piss themselves let alone gain any traction on trying to fuck one. The bottom line is if there was no decoy egging them on they'd still be sitting at home beating their dicks in front of their screens. Some of you climbing your Everest of morality needs to suck some oxygen from a tank or something to clear your head and get it into your thought processes that were no 12-14 year old victims. They never existed. They were adult males posing as young females in a chat room egging on fucking losers who could barely string together complete sentences. The real mystery is how they were paying their bills and why their states had issued drivers' licenses to them.

Some of you climbing your Everest of morality needs to suck some oxygen from a tank or something to clear your head and get it into your thought processes that were no 12-14 year old victims. They never existed. They were adult males posing as young females in a chat room egging on fucking losers who could barely string together complete sentences. The real mystery is how they were paying their bills and why their states had issued drivers' licenses to them.

It sounds like the people posing as girls are the real predators.

You want to hand wave age of consent laws out of consideration and then make a blanket statement that anyone 18+ has no business going to a minor's home...

It's got nothing to do with the law. It's common sense. The first thing anyone is going to ask is why in the hell is a grown man going over to the house of who is thinks is a minor girl and alone he's never seen before and met online?

Plus how in the or would anyone know if it was really a minor girl looking for sex? Could be the cops and you might run into Chris Hansen, a jealous boyfriend or an angry dad. There's no good reason for it and it's the kind of behavior that'll get a guy labeled a pervert or in jail or in all kinds of trouble. So argue against the truth all you want. Doesn't change how reality works.

The bottom line is if there was no decoy egging them on they'd still be sitting at home beating their dicks in front of their screens.

So unless tempted these guys wouldn't do this. So then they get in their car and drive over to the house to make it even worse. At some point, temptation or no, if you're a mentally functional adult you have to be responsible for your actions. Temptation is something virtually every normal adult, be it about sex, drugs, money, what have you, has to deal with in a responsible manner.

and you think this CBS show was handling the problem of adult men seeking underage sex in a responsible manner?

and you think this CBS show was handling the problem of adult men seeking underage sex in a responsible manner?

I'm not saying that it is. I was simply pointing out how one would never be on such a show in the first place.

It sounds like the people posing as girls are the real predators.

And I suppose you think the fact that FBI has been involved with setting up and instigating all "foiled" domestic terrorists plots since 911 means the government is a predator too?

We're saving children lives here!

So unless tempted these guys wouldn't do this. So then they get in their car and drive over to the house to make it even worse. At some point, temptation or no, if you're a mentally functional adult you have to be responsible for your actions. Temptation is something virtually every normal adult, be it about sex, drugs, money, what have you, has to deal with in a responsible manner.

It's called "hey look a female actually cares about me. I won't be all alone for ever and ever. It probably won't work out, but I should at least take a chance!". It's not all that different from every other scam out there that preys on people's emotions.

This forum is FULL of complaints about how parents don't tech their kids properly. You'd kind of think that not hooking up with strange adults and reporting such encounters to their parents or some other responsible adult is the most basic part of that training.

I'm not saying that it is. I was simply pointing out how one would never be on such a show in the first place.
it's fairly clear your information about this topic is coming from this thread

if you actually read the history on why the show was shut down you'd know that people were routinely on the show who hadn't broken any laws. The most egregious example was when one of the undercover cops himself was pulled over and treated like one of the perpetrators until the field office finally called off the private contractors.

That is not what I said at all. I'm done with this conversation if you can't grasp basic concepts. I will try one last time to break this down simplistically enough for you and Mope to understand and try to prevent the two of you from twisting it.

1) My first and Original point was that an ADULT as No business going over to the house of a minor at the behest of the minor believing they are alone. I left age of consent entirely out of it as that can be a grey area in some states and was NOT relevant to this conversation. The Ages in question in This conversation were 12-14 year old Girls who are not age of consent and males who historically in the show were 18+.

2) You wanted to get into the whole what defines a legal adult bullshit as a diversion as it doesn't have anything at all to do with the above point and this thread. It isn't relevant to the conversation in the least because in any instance of what we are talking about here, anything above 18 is going to be tried as an Adult criminal. Going out to buy alcohol isn't important to this conversation. I'm unsure why you haven't been able to figure that out yet. I used joining the military as the example, but probably should of stuck with what the justice system would use when sentencing someone and that is 18 in every single state.

3) Age of consent laws and the abuse of them are another argument and no I don't support them being abused. I thought I made it clear that I considered it absolute bullshit that an 18 year old could be labeled as a sex offender for having sex with someone he had been dating for years because she was 17. It was a blatant abuse of statutory laws in a state that had age of consent. That however was something you wanted to argue and I should of just ignored because again it had nothing at all to do with the context of the conversation at hand.

Basic concept of what? You speak of laws, but then ignore them and in place use your own ideas of how things should be when the actual laws are pointed out.

1) Minor age has nothing to do with anything in sexual cases, ONLY age of consent matters, that is the whole reason for these laws. And age of consent and age of minor is not the same thing, no matter how many times you seem to confuse the two. So if a legal adult (not the same as consent age) goes to someones house who is a minor, but over the age of consent, what they do is really none of your business and they have every right to do whatever they feel like together.

2) Uhhh...You just brought up age of minors in your first point yet claim legal adult "bullshit" doesn't matter? Umm...Ok....You do understand that is the separation of the two right? But as I have stated over and over again, age of majority (which is age of legal adult in most states), has no relation to age of consent. That means you do not have to be an adult to have sex, so long as you are over the age of consent. 18, yet again is not the age of majority in every single state as you keep repeating.

From Mississippi state law (state with highest age of majority):

"Adult” means an individual who has attained the age of twenty-one (21) years.
“Minor” means an individual who has not attained the age of twenty-one (21) years.

Title 91, Chapter 20, §91-20-3(a) and (k).

Age of Majority
21 (§1-3-27

Is that clear enough for you now? Or is this another "diversion" by using facts and laws?

it's fairly clear your information about this topic is coming from this thread

if you actually read the history on why the show was shut down you'd know that people were routinely on the show who hadn't broken any laws. The most egregious example was when one of the undercover cops himself was pulled over and treated like one of the perpetrators until the field office finally called off the private contractors.

I was taught long before reality TV shows existed that a grown man has no business being along with a minor girl he doesn't know. That's a compromising position where too many things can go wrong. It's just plain old fashioned common sense.

tumblr_ng16k2kymP1s58xblo1_500.gif

Impressive..just outright ignoring context of statements by both of you. So many examples of you completely ignoring what was stated in full and just seeing what you want. I'm clearly wasting my time on you two. Never thought I would find someone arguing in favor of pedophiles. First for everything I suppose.

Back