Chopper Computers gallery

I thought you guys might like to see pics of our high end system from Chopper Computers, the True Flame.

slide01_lg.jpg

slide03_lg.jpg

slide14_lg.jpg

holy crap, those are friggn awesome

one question thou, do you guys plan on selling just teh frames/tanks/seats on there own, or you guys just gunna do full systems?

generally a bad idea to put HDDs at an angle like that... from past experience they only like it horizontal and vertical... none of the funky stuff ;)

Did you SLEEVE your watercooling connections :O. I've been wanting to do that for AGES.

Denki said:
generally a bad idea to put HDDs at an angle like that... from past experience they only like it horizontal and vertical... none of the funky stuff ;)

This is incorrect. Hard drives can be mounted on any axis... you can read more about this in the FAQ on western digitals site.

It's also recomened to mount drives upside down if you can because that is the ideal cooling position a drive can be mounted in since heat rises.

So yeah, you can mount them on any angle.

Hey guys, thanks for the response :D

We're working on having the option of a kit so you can assemble them yourselves, I'm really in favor of that idea so we might have them as early as next month.

Yes, we sleeved the tubing and it looks tight when you combine colors. Green UV tubing and clear techflex is probably my favorite combination, however we're probably not going to have any more silver bikes as we're switching to powder coat-someone buy it quick! ;)

slide01_lg.jpg

Like I said, most of the cost is the price we paid for the paint jobs, we're really not ripping anybody off, if we dropped the price any more we would be selling at a loss. Once we have our powder coating in order next month the base price should drop by a few hundred dollars. We understand that it's not a budget computer, and we are marketing to the high end, these babies will be highly overclockable and feature the best brands we could think of. You may think of it as "just a case," but really every one of them is an individual project and we're going for the extra mile to keep our build quality higher than anything else out there.

Dont whine because you cant afford one. They are works of art IMO and look great!! If I could I would pick one up ASAP.

I must say I'm a beige box guy and not a modder, but damn that is the finest work I've ever seen. $3,000 is a deal considering the uniqueness, thought and work that went into that.

Well done.

Some people spend 3000 on a Mac G5 System. With the amount of work in that mod, I totally think it's worth it.

Question: Is there another radiator hiding in there somewhere?

@ Detman: OVERPRICED MY ASS....dude its awesome for the money...dare I call it a deal for that level of work and look. You obviously have never been to VoodooPC or Alienware...They charge 4k+ for massed produced crap....

Congrats on getting these out Chopper!!!

Awesome! It's like you get a case and a chair in one! If I had the money I'd get one to match my bike, but, alas, I don't have that kind of disposable income.

Arcygenical said:
Did you SLEEVE your watercooling connections :O. I've been wanting to do that for AGES.

Same here. Those hose connections look great :D

That is some damn nice work. Nice layout, good craftsmanship... and BTW the drives are mounted vertical. :)

This is some case work even my dad could appreciate.

Ockie said:
It's also recomened to mount drives upside down if you can because that is the ideal cooling position a drive can be mounted in since heat rises.
Which side down is upside down? PC side, or case side?

Arcygenical said:
Why not just use lines from Earl's or Aeroquip (PDF)?

I love it, but it seems a bit large for my taste personally.

How about a small form factor one?

mikeblas said:
Which side down is upside down? PC side, or case side?

I think you're talking about the hard drive? In that case, the circuit board side, up.

I really like these especially the one in the first post.
I would consider buying the frame pre-painted for like $400-$500.

The only flaw I can think of is related to the openess of the design.
Spilt beverages could make contact with components and cats (I don't have one) love warm computer components.
Watching a cat get shaved by a fan may be fun at first, but once the reality sets in...not so much.

Also a question.
Is the power button for the PC the key ignition? If so increase coolness +20.

And if that is the Danger Den SLI waterblock, you folks have great taste in watercooling equipment.

EDIT
I just checked out your site and that is the Danger Den SLI waterblock. Good 4 U!

EDIT again.
As per your poll about what we would like to see added onto the chopper I have a suggestion.
A gauge (spedometer, odometer) that shows the temperature of the CPU.
A gauge that shows the water level of the resevoir (fuel gauge).
As to where to locate these things...I don't know...I can't think of everything for ya! ;)

2 words....

"BAD ASS !!!"

...the most unique modded/full system i've seen... AND people can purchase one.. you sir have outdone yourselves.

I've always thought that PC mods and Chopper mods fit somehow into the same catagory of "custom & cool", you took that idea and made it reality.

Excellent work !!!

Keep us updated !!

I would be willing to slap down a few hundard for just the frame, key ignition, and seat. But that price tag is to big for me but if it was just seat. frame I would jump all over it.

How about handlebars that curve around and form a cradle for keyboards. Just a thought. And the aforementioned guages could be on there.

mentok1982 said:
Watching a cat get shaved by a fan may be fun at first, but once the reality sets in...not so much.
LOL! My first thought wasn't about some poor cat getting shaved by a fan, but the fact that cat hair just has a way of magically finding its way into things, even closed spaces, so this would probably invite it even moreso. Whenever my trackball starts acting funky, I remove the ball and there's invariably a glob of cat hair inside. :eek:

But these are some pretty impressive and innovative mods. :cool:

Borgschulze said:
I think you're talking about the hard drive? In that case, the circuit board side, up.
Yep; I thought my quote from Ockie made that clear. But I did ask an inside-out question. You're saying PC board up is upside down?

How much are we looking at for one of those modded cases?

These custom pc's are straight up marvelous. I like the "hogs", but a sportbike build would be ridiculously cool..

I hope no one asked this yet.. but can you actually sit on your computer?

Very nice rigs mang... Very nice.

mikeblas said:
Yep; I thought my quote from Ockie made that clear. But I did ask an inside-out question. You're saying PC board up is upside down?

Yes, the side of the hard drive with the printed circuit board on it. Having that face up, is "upside down" and supposedly helps reduce heat.

So when are you and Orange County Choppers going to get together and do a job together and put a computer into a REAL working bike :D

<--- i want credit if that is done!

Awesome work!!!! :eek:

I love the innovation and craftsmanship. Attention to detail reigns in this area, and you are nailing it!

I also agree with mentok1982, gauges to show temp, fluid level, etc. would be very cool!!!

Is the case (frame?) available as a stand alone?

Again, sweet job!!!,
Bloodgod42

I bet you would get hella hits if you put up a live web cam of you building these things!!! :D

The key ignition starts the system up, plus we can wire your cold cathodes up to a remote start so you have wireless control over your lighting.

Yes they're all open air and it is somewhat of a curious child/pet hazard, but we've had the prototype running for a few months in a house with two dogs and a toddler and no incidents :eek:

I like the idea of working with OCC, believe me, we want to get their attention and collaborate on one.

Also the build webcam is a good idea, I'll see if I can set something up this weekend.

Love it as is, very sharp.

As someone posted before, it would be nice to see some tacs with fluid lvl etc, fan rpm other stuff. But then you get to the point of adding to many things and it might become "gaudy".

Just WOW though, you guys sure got somthing there!

-Bill

Great job Chopper!!! This should be under [H]ot Deals because this case is sweet. Maybe you should put a panel with the "C" logo on the other side as well to enclose the expensive parts more.

Also, please let us know if you can sit on it or if you would crush the PSU or tip over :p

Shmuckety said:
Great job Chopper!!! This should be under [H]ot Deals because this case is sweet. Maybe you should put a panel with the "C" logo on the other side as well to enclose the expensive parts more.

Also, please let us know if you can sit on it or if you would crush the PSU or tip over :p

You can definitely sit on it, the seats are pretty comfy and I didn't feel like I was gonna tip over.

Back