• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Choosing an SSD!

Hitmanthe3rd

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
459
I'm looking at the OCZ Vertex 3 as I have a sata 3 6gb/s Sata port on my Mobo. But due to the reviews of the BSOD and Locking up issues I am now looking into the Crucial M4. Just wondering what you guys think. My price range is 200-$220 (I get the Crucial for $220 through work) Im really pushing on the OCZ for the Huge speed increase. but the reviews are turning me off. Critic reviews are good, but newegg user reviews are not. Any thoughts or comments?

Crucial m4
128 GB
Sequential Read
415 MB/s
Sequential Write 175 MB/s
Power Consumption (Active)
.150 W
Power Consumption (Idle) .085 W


UPDATE: Purchased the Crucial M4. Best for its price and fastest read spead on a non Sata 3! ^^ Only $175 when the Promo code (Hardocp code) was used. Hit it up!
(http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-ssd-price-per-gb-ssd-performance,2942-5.html) Im really liking that. And the reviews are good.
 
Last edited:
Go with either Crucial or Intel as they are indeed more reliable.
 
Whatever you do, do not get OCZ very unreliable! Intel SSD M series are reliable but not as fast as most new ssds. Maybe Intels 510 series but they're 270+.
 
I am interested in the answer as well. I would love to try one out but the reviews of literally thousands of problems is not something I want to come with it.
 
I am interested in the answer as well. I would love to try one out but the reviews of literally thousands of problems is not something I want to come with it.

I know right? Its the only thing stopping me. Which makes sense. :) Also I apologize. Its the Crucial M4!
 
crucial m4 just received a firmware update the improved performance. may be your best bet still.
 
Crucial or Intel and you are home free. Pick whichever one has a deal going and you're good to go.
 
Crucial or Intel and you are home free. Pick whichever one has a deal going and you're good to go.

Crucial has the fastest Read spead and I get a deal on it through work. I think I'm going with the crucial for sure.
FYI! Newegg is having a deal on them right now till the 30th with a 15% promo code. Cost me $175 when it was all finished with free Guerenteed 3 day USPS shipping.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top