chipset temps too high?

HardyOne

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
179
I have a Fanmaster that has 4 thermocouples and can control 4 fans. The one temp reading that I am wondering about is the chipset. The thermocouple is taped to the top of the center of the chipset and it can run at about 40°C while idling and doing light computing. However, when I run DVD copying and other heavy computing (Prime95 etc) the chipset goes up to 50°C. Is this too high?
BTW - the CPU idles at 30°C and will go up to about 40°C.
 
well im not sure about premiums but that shud be ok
my dfi idles at about 50/51C (fan running at about 80%) and loads at about 57C (fan running at 127%) so yeah, im pretty sure u'll be ok :p
 
If you're concerned about the temps, place a 120mm fan on the bottom of the case to blow over the chipset. This dropped my temps by ~14c. Not to mention quieted the little screamer of a fan on the dfi chipset.
 
Back
Top