Chinese x99 TF with code 67 ????

Tank788899

n00b
Hi i have a chinese x99 TF with a e5 2690 v3 using 16GB times 4 sticks =64 GB ddr4 ram ok it gives a code 67 try the seller he told me it my be the ram i can not find out what the code°s meaning"s i found 4 lists on the internet and they. Wher all the same. One told me cpu loading. So can some tell me how to fix it Thankyou. For your time in reading this post thanks again 😊

It would help if you could identify exactly which "chinese" brand motherboard you own. Did you try booting up with just 1 stick of RAM installed?

Reactions: AXm77
like this
Support for these will be just about non existent. Your best bet is to try one stick of ram, and try a different slot. Then swap CPU’s if possible if that doesn’t work.

Support for these will be just about non existent. Your best bet is to try one stick of ram, and try a different slot. Then swap CPU’s if possible if that doesn’t work.

Yep, they're known to not be very good and have lots of issues. I bought one of of the LGA775 ones with a G31 chipset and it was awful.

The BIOS was obviously pirated from something else, and was horrifically buggy. Speed Step didn't work with any CPU I tried with it, probably due to missing microcode. It also couldn't use the full 4 GB of RAM it was promised work with because of bus address mapping issues. From what I can tell, the PCI/PCIe address space is folded back on top of the top of the 4GB address space, rather than mapped above it. It does have a few options for ACPI version and "above 4G decoding", but those don't do anything.

I've read that the "x79" and "x99" boards have even more issues with memory compatibility issues and board failures from grossly inadequate VRMs being used. Not really much you can do other than eWaste the board. They actually don't use an x79 or x99 chipset either, they usually use an Intel server chipset like the C60x, or even jimmy rig a baffling array of chipsets never intended to support the sockets used on those boards, like Q77 or B75.

67 or B7? Try to loosen your CPU HSF and see if it clears it.
THANK YOU SOOOO MUUUUCH!!!!!!!!
I literally love you!!!
I've JUST registered here at HF so that I could thank you!
I really mean it. You've SAVED me.

I'm a (somewhat)experienced builder, and although I've seen some systems not POST due to an over-tightened motherboard screw, since I had never built a x99/2011v3 system before, I hadn't thought about lightly untightening specifically the HSF screws until I read your post.
So again, thank you!

For the record, I also have a HUANANZHI X99 F8 motherboard (it's similar to OP's X99 TF one), with a xeon 2678v3 and 4 sticks of 16GB each, registered ECC DDR4 ram.
The system mostly just worked, but literally randomly, it would just start locking up and eventually not even POSTing anymore, with error b7 on the mobo.
I say it was random, because sometimes the system would go for days/weeks without problems, even under stress/heavy loads on memory and CPU for hours a day. And then, eventually, it all started again (without any whatsoever hardware or software intervention/modification).
Removing all the 4 memory sticks and then successively putting them back on individually and booting the system each time (i.e. booting with only 1 stick, then 2 then 3 then 4) led to it working on quad channel again.
But eventually, the above method stopped working (with the system hanging on b7 error). Then, through testing, I discovered that the culprit was one of the memory module connectors (the PC would POST/boot with any one of the 4 memory sticks in 3 of the 4 channels, but one connector would just hang the POST process if populated), so I blamed the quality of the chinese motherboard for having a defective memory connector.
And then, I've read your post.
(Thanks again!!)
So I proceeded to untighten the HSF screws a little and, BAM!!! The system now works beautifully with 4 channel memory configuration.
Before I stumbled here, I've read throught the interwebs that the b7 error could be due to bent CPU pins on the motherboard (which I was sure wasn't the case) or maybe due to outdated BIOS firmware (I updated mine to the latest version and it did nothing).

So thanks again, Furious_Styles, for your magnificent insight!!
:)

Cheers!!

(I updated mine to the latest version and it did nothing).

A bit OT, but I also fixed my Mingzhi G31 board by doing a bit of BIOS hacking. I took the BIOS from a similar I think ASUS or ASRock G31 motherboard, padded it with 1 MB of 00s because the SPI ROM on the Mingzhi board was double the size (2M vs 1M IIRC) and flashed it using a SPI flasher. Amazingly, it worked and now the board thinks its some flavor of ASUS/ASRock. No more problems with speed step or memory mapping, everything just works.

Back