Chinese Boy Sells Kidney For iPad 2

HardOCP News

[H] News
Somebody please tell me this story is fake. Selling organs for an iPad 2? That is just insane! :eek: Thanks to Flyingcrazy for the heads up.

A 17-year-old Chinese boy decided to sell his kidney for 20,000 yuan so he could buy an iPad, the Shanghai Daily reports. But, he's not feeling well now, and he's regretting the decision.

Yes, I'm sure that all they took was his kidney. They definitely didn't steal his other kidney, or his liver, or anything like that.

China is a huge originator of black market organs (no, not black organs :D ), so this wouldn't be too surprising, unfortunately. I'm sure whoever bought the kidney cared less what the kid did with the money.

I just wonder if the sellers can charge more for an Apple lover's kidney than the standard Chinese prisoners?

That is sad and disgusting. :(

And not at all that surprising given what sorts of rationalizations one WILL see from people obsessed with iProducts.

im speechless. he couldve waited for ipad 3, thats the one rumored to be really revolutionary.

Every new gen of any i product is always rumored to be the "real" revolutionary step. I'm still waiting to see that.

So this is how steve jobs is able to go through as many "donor" organs as he has.

It's refreshing to see someone whose priorities are actually in order.

kid got a ipad and person got a kidney.

its like a story I watch on the news that a guy here in the states was going 2 die because his heart was bad. The waiting list was 4 years long in the USA.:rolleyes: He went to china and paid 250 grand and got it in 2 days from an executed prisoner.

people do what ever with their body, its no ones business.

Chinese Boy sells kidney for iPad, made by Chinese boy how committed suicide after making it.

Some circle of life stuff there...

The end result of Chinese Capitalianims. The Customer Ignorance and Naive(Stupidity) that's so proper from the alienation suffered through a totalitarian system combined with the ripoff propaganda from Apple.

He went to china and paid 250 grand and got it in 2 days from an executed prisoner.

I'm pretty sure the executed prisoner didn't 'want' to sell off his organs and then be executed. Is that really the example of 'people do whatever with their bodies, it's no ones business' that you want to make?

No, you really need the two. Having one requires making some pretty drastic lifestyle changes.

Actually the changes are not so drastic at all. I only have one and I can no longer take IB Profen only generic acetometaphine (tylenol) for pain relief. I was also told to watch my salt intake.

That's a strange looking "chinese" boy....

this.

This has got to be fake... But, I guess if you really think the world is ending soon, fuck it, take my organs too. But, I'll take something more expensive please...

The article is so poorly written, it may have been authored by the 17 year old...

probably fake, but if not... i can't wait to see what he gives up for the iPad 3 and 4

Actually the changes are not so drastic at all. I only have one and I can no longer take IB Profen only generic acetometaphine (tylenol) for pain relief. I was also told to watch my salt intake.

Can you still drink beer?

Sweet! Maybe I should sell my Kidney and get a Asus Transformer!

Haha, I know you're joking but either way I totally recommend anyone that can to be a donor (an actual one not just on your drivers license) and saving someones life. You'll feel way better about yourself than any iProduct will ever make you feel.

It depends on the lifestyle one leads before. The more active the lifestyle the more one has to cut back, however if you were mostly sedentary then there won't be much change beyond diet and medications and frequent checkups.

We have two kidneys to deal with insults and stresses beyond our normal routine, such as those that come with exercise, infections, etc. Losing a kidney puts any person at a significant disadvantage to deal with those stresses and predisposes them to many more illnesses and complications as well as rules them out from some treatments/medications. It can be considered a great increase in the factor of "fragility."

What this boy did here signs him up for all these risks and he almost certainly has shortened his life. It's too bad no one was there to talk some sense into him or give him a look at the big picture.

over here I think you get $10k for a kidney...you could get an iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi...and a used Macbook Pro with the money. :D

kid got a ipad and person got a kidney.

its like a story I watch on the news that a guy here in the states was going 2 die because his heart was bad. The waiting list was 4 years long in the USA.:rolleyes: He went to china and paid 250 grand and got it in 2 days from an executed prisoner.

Yeah, that prisoner must have totally volunteered to donate his heart after being executed. It couldn't possibly happen that people are killed in order to produce organs on the black market...that's just unpossible!

It depends on the lifestyle one leads before. The more active the lifestyle the more one has to cut back, however if you were mostly sedentary then there won't be much change beyond diet and medications and frequent checkups.
Maybe it depends on the person but I played lacrosse in college before and after my surgury and was definitely a lot more active before than I am today. I had a couple of checkups within the first year following the sugury but since then I only get contacted for doing surveys.

I do agree though that this is a terrible story and wish someone could have consulted him before it happened. I'm still hoping this story turns out to be fake though.

Maybe it depends on the person but I played lacrosse in college before and after my surgury and was definitely a lot more active before than I am today. I had a couple of checkups within the first year following the sugury but since then I only get contacted for doing surveys.

I do agree though that this is a terrible story and wish someone could have consulted him before it happened. I'm still hoping this story turns out to be fake though.

I hope you drink a lot of water, can't imagine how much worse a kidney stone would be if it was concentrated in one kidney.

Back