China Space Station Tiangong-1 Could Secretly Be Hurtling Towards Earth

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
According to some astronomers, China has lost control of Tiangong-1 and the satellite is now in freefall. Chinese media last reported they were struggling to control it but there have been no updates in months, which would indicate there may be a genuine problem.

Like other lost satellites, it’s likely that the freefalling station would burn up on its way back into Earth and come back down as molten metal rather than with a big crash. But people have warned that it could still be a “real bad day” if the rocket fell back down to Earth, “but odds are it will land in the ocean or in an unpopulated area”. The huge size of the satellite means that parts of it could still make their way through the searing heat of entry back into the atmosphere, and so cause problems when they arrive back on Earth.

Someone should have told Chinese Mission Control to quit following NASA's Skylab script somewhere before the line labeled "Loose control of station." Although NASA did regain control after a long effort.

By the time it reaches the ground the pieces will be no bigger than a chihuahua's head.

I believe this to be Sandra Bullock's fault.

My Gravity ending re-write:

Sandra re-enters, crashes into a lake. She crawls up the bank, struggling to stand. Camera angle is from the ground, pointing up, showing Sandra standing against the backdrop of debris re-entering the atmosphere.

Then a big chunk of molten rocket booster drills her ass into a bloody crater.

Cut to black.

"GRAVITY" pops up on the black screen.

Some scientist in China is probably getting executed for hacking Tesla and uploading the Tesla AutoPilot software into the satellites computers.

What a waste... Same with Skylab, if they would have launched an additional crew mission they could have kept it around into the Shuttle era. Skylab was nearly 1/4 the size of the International Space Station.

By the time it reaches the ground the pieces will be no bigger than a chihuahua's head.
I wouldn't be so sure, big chunks of Skylab landed in Australia. This thing could easily kill somebody unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"... an amateur astronomer called Thomas Dorman has been watching the movement of the satellite and believes that China has lost control of it ..."

Hey doesn't that look like Skylab? Can't the Space Cowboys go up there and fix it up?

"... an amateur astronomer called Thomas Dorman has been watching the movement of the satellite and believes that China has lost control of it ..."

Some amateur astronomers have made some very impressive discoveries. Don't discount him for being one in title alone.

OMG...Doesn't that horizon from the fake (whatever magic) craft that look the picture, look so...so....so.........FLAT!
So much for every fuck head who claimed to see curvature from a mountain top, an air plane, or from the top of their parents swing-set.
Oh wait....never mind...it is CGI of course.
Duh! My bad.
Must be a Freudian slip eh?

Back