Chernobylite

Came across this trailer while showing the HBO trailer for their upcoming Chernobyl mini-series to my in-laws last night.

Still in development but looks promising.

2-minute Story Trailer

30-minute pre-Alpha gameplay

Reactions: SoFGR
like this

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Chernobyl is still the scariest real-life event in my lifetime...I think that's what makes those S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games even better is the real-life aspect...seeing the empty towns around the blast, the ferris wheels etc is really creepy...some real life mutated creatures and zombies are probably living there

w35t

[H]ard|Gawd
Chernobyl is still the scariest real-life event in my lifetime...I think that's what makes those S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games even better is the real-life aspect...seeing the empty towns around the blast, the ferris wheels etc is really creepy...some real life mutated creatures and zombies are probably living there
False, Jeremy Wade would've found em, didn't you see that episode of River Monsters?

Krenum

[H]F Junkie
False, Jeremy Wade would've found em, didn't you see that episode of River Monsters?
That episode was awesome and that was a huge catfish he caught in Chernobyl's reservoir!

I'd like to visit there some day, that and the abandoned Woodpecker.

If you're unsure about the mutations that came from the Chernobyl disaster, check this site. But be warned it's graphic.

https://feww.wordpress.com/tag/chernobyl-disaster/

Last edited:
Chernobylite is a great game already even while its in early access and it has a lot of quality content already. There is still a lot that needs to be completed and a lot of game mechanics and features are only partially implemented but so far its looking great! The game does still have quite a few bugs but the developers are definitely onto fixing them in a timely and logical maner as well as they listen to the community of players to make sure that they do things right. Chernobylite is a great survival horror with plenty of suspense, good writing, quality content and amazing visuals. Clearly lot of effort is going into the development of the game and its got a lot of potential. If you were already considering buying the game I recommend you buy it as long as you understand that it is still in early access and comes with the things you'd expect from a quality early access release.

Here is a video of benchmarks comparing the graphics settings in Chernobylite on an RTX 2080 Ti KPE (I recommend a powerful PC to get the most out of how beautiful Chernobylite is)

Last edited:

UltraTaco

Gawd
Imagine the size of tacos roaming through those empty diners at night...

Don't visit on tuesdays.