Cheapo case recommendations?

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by Josephson_Junction, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Josephson_Junction

Josephson_Junction [H]Lite

It seems like every month or so I acquire someone's older PC (that or I gain enough parts to make a mostly-complete system), and most of the time it's still a decent system... except for the case, which almost always looks like it's been through hell and back. I'll replace the case before selling it for a profit. So far my go-to case for this has been the MSI S-6811. It's under $40, the construction is actually passable, and it looks decent.

I know it's not exactly a [H]ard topic, but out of curiosity, are there any other usable sub-$40 cases out there that I'm not aware of? My only other experience has been with the Linkworld LC727-02, and it was... it... it just... it was so horrible...

2. Dangman

Dangman Ninja Editor SuperMod

NZXT Source 210 and Source 210 Elite are my go-to budget cases.

3. Josephson_Junction

Josephson_Junction [H]Lite

Ooh, I'm going to commit that one to memory. Thanks. :D

4. ZzBloopzZ

ZzBloopzZ [H]ard|Gawd

I like the Antec 300's when on sale. They can be found for $35-40 on random rebates.

5. Jason_CL

Jason_CL CaseLabs Forum Rep

I think Amazon has the Source 210 on sale right now. There's some other good budget cases out there. Lian Li has a few really good budget cases too that I like as well as Fractal.

6. geraltofrivia

geraltofrivia Limp Gawd

The one that comes with 4 fans is a good deal when it's on sale.

7. Excalibur55

Excalibur55 Limp Gawd

I personally like the style and cable management features of the Corsair 200R.