Cheapest 1920x1200 TN panel?

janelled

n00b
I need a third monitor for my setup and would like a TN panel to test websites on a normal-person's panel.

It has to be 1920x1200 and preferably 23 or 24"

What are some of the cheapest options available? I did a little searching but it's tough finding anything thats not 1080p nowadays.

Lenovo L2440p is a similar price to that HP also. Could also check local prices on the Samsung 2433BW.

I need a third monitor for my setup and would like a TN panel to test websites on a normal-person's panel.

It has to be 1920x1200 and preferably 23 or 24"

What are some of the cheapest options available? I did a little searching but it's tough finding anything thats not 1080p nowadays.

What exactly do you mean by "test websites on a normal-person's panel"? Are you checking for color? If so, there's so much variation (magenta/green/blue/yellow casts) that you won't really learn anything useful from it.

That sounds like a lousy reason to buy a monitor when cheap panels suck in such a wide variety of ways. Aside from the color differences of TN panels... viewing angles also distort color wildly.

Edit: Nevermind. I read your post wrong (or confused it with another I had open) and thought you were looking for 1080p. Sorry, my bad.

^^^The ASUS one is almost too good. I honestly don't notice any of the horrid TN effects on that screen. Granted I don't have another IPS screen besides my HDTV but its really quite nice. It's also very reactive and it looks sharper in games then my g/fs older Samsung 2493.

I guess I am going to have to wait till OLED's come out for monitors to have a good excuse to replace it..

Back