• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cheap SFF?

infect0

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
1,677
Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap SFF case + mobo or barebones?

I was looking at the Shuttle SD30G2 for $180. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks.
 
Well, if you're going low cost...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128090
Gigabyte 780G based board. Smaller heatsink than the ASUS equivalent, but more features. $100


Or if you're going Intel...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188023
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188022
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188021
One of eVGAs low end boards.

Then combine it with a cheap mATX case, and there you have it; a barebone SFF.
 
I want a really cheap SFF to mod up to make my own NAS with a i-ATX motherboard.
If anyone else has any ideas where to get small (aftermarket = not Dell, or HP or anything) to help him and I out.

Thanks,
 
@ POLO
You mean ITX, right? If you're still looking for an ITX mobo, I recommend checking out this link:
http://clubit.com/product_browse.cfm?cat=Motherboards&scat1=All in One

@ infect0
What are you planning to do with this SFF PC? Gaming? HTPC? General work?

@ POLO and infect0
A good but cheap SFF case would be this:
Ultra Microfly mATX Case - $55

And if you need a PSU, these are pretty decent budget choices:
Silverstone ST400 400W PSU - $47
XClio Stablepower 460W PSU - $52

You might want also want to check ou the Shuttle KPC K45. The barebones and full setup costs $100 and $200 respectively. However since it is a newly released item, prices have gone up $100 for each.
 
Thank you so much for the Links!

I don't want to hi-jack this tread, but I'll start a new one.
 
Back
Top