• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cheap PC with warranty

vsboxerboy

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
3,661
Hey guys,

Perhaps this may belong elsewhere, but I had a family friend ask me to help them with their slow computer and I convinced them to just buy a new one. I don't want to be their IT person, so I'm looking for something cheap and with a warranty $6-800 with a 20/22/24" monitor.

What would your recommend? Also, is it worth it to buy from Costco, or direct??

Thanks!! :D
 
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
basic web surfing, word processing
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$600-800 everything included
3) Where do you live?
Los Angeles
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Just pretend they don't have a computer now or monitor.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
none
6) Will you be overclocking?
no
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
20-24"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
buy it this month, perhaps on cyber monday
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
nothing special
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
no
 
Watch www.gotapex.com and slickdeals.net for desktop deals. Dell Outlet is also a good source as well.

I was actually just browsing the outlet, I didn't see many good deals on desktops but they did have a ton of good deals on laptops. But my bet is if you check slick deals like danny said in the next few weeks there will be some good combos coming from the oems.
 
794 Shipped

Computer + Monitor.. The last time my mom asked me to build her a system I bought one of these prebuilt boxes from Acer for her.. Since then I haven't heard a word from her about fixing shit because she calls tech support instead.. Best investment I ever made.
 
Back
Top