Cheap Low End PC Part that Really Surprised/Impressed You with its Excellence?

Another came to mind, cheap might be an argument but i bought it second hand out of a bargain bin at a local pc shop. My supermicro dual pentium 3 pc. At the time I was doing video rendering and it blew my parents pentium 4 out of the water, was even fun setting cpu affinity and putting video renderer on one cpu and unreal tournament on the other and they both worked without any hiccups at the same time. Can't remember what I paid for it but being on a $5.15/hr pay im sure it couldnt have been much haha.

What table is that? Looks like what they use in the Hospital and Dr's offices!
I would love to find one like that!
I wish I could tell you.

I got it from a local "everything is free" Facebook group.

There are no identifying marks on it.

It's nice and sturdy though!

Thought of another low end part that impressed me that there is no current replacement for. Logitech use to make this really cheap laptop usb mouse where the cord wrapped around a slot near the base and the usb end snapped on the bottom. I know we tend to live in a world where we don't care when the battery dies on our mouse, but as someone that needs a portable mouse that works whenever they pull it out of the bag, I found that mouse very useful. Wish they still made it. I used to own two of them, a metallic brushed red and metallic brushed blue one. The blue one was still in use until one of our cat's decided the cord looked tasty.

Back