Cheap Coolant + Colors How ?

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Ok i need Blue Coolant Cooler. I need to use Green and Blue two seperate loops.

I already have green Swiftech's Hydrx, now i need blue. What should i do ? I use distillted water + Hydrx.

1. Can i use Anti-freeze from Walmart 50/50.

2. How can i add color to the distilled water like Hydrx.

3. It must be really really cheap.

You can get blue antifreeze from Petra's [ http://www.petrastechshop.com ] in small amounts, or drop by your local VW / Audi / Porsche dealer and ask them. You're looking for Pentosin G11 antifreeze. Works great in a 5% or 10% concentration.

I have never used it but UV dye (if you want glowy as well as a basic color change) is available in almost any color. I would imagine less it better, use just enough to get the effect you want. The prepackaged fluid for my loop is UV sensitive and does not seem to hurt anything. A purist would probally object to the stuff but I think used wisely it would not be a problem.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=UV+dye+water+cooling+blue

Can i use 50/50 Anti Freeze. Or please guide me i need blue coolant for my setup. I have Distilled water, is there is something i can get from local Auto Parts(Advance auto parts) or Walmart to make coolant for my water cooling.

If you can find any blue antifreeze, you can use that - but don't mix it in a 50/50 concentration! 10% antifreeze to 90% water is the highest you should use.

Can i use 50/50 Anti Freeze. Or please guide me i need blue coolant for my setup. I have Distilled water, is there is something i can get from local Auto Parts(Advance auto parts) or Walmart to make coolant for my water cooling.

You can get blue antifreeze from Petra's [ http://www.petrastechshop.com ] in small amounts, or drop by your local VW / Audi / Porsche dealer and ask them. You're looking for Pentosin G11 antifreeze. Works great in a 5% or 10% concentration.

10char

If you can find any blue antifreeze, you can use that - but don't mix it in a 50/50 concentration! 10% antifreeze to 90% water is the highest you should use.

So you are saying i can use Anti Freeze for cars. 10% Anti Freeze + 90% Distilled water ?

Umm but there is any thing else i can do? with the distilled water + ?

Use UV dye (a few drops) and some biocide (a few drops) and use distilled water. The more anti freeze you use (especially past the 10% concentration) the more it will hurt the thermal dissipation properties of your solution. I wouldn't use anti freeze at all unless you happen to use any Alu in you loop (*shudders*).

Good pet shop/fish store will will have the biocide/algecide if you must. Have not seen the UV dye, perhaps a craft shop but I doubt it.

So you are saying i can use Anti Freeze for cars. 10% Anti Freeze + 90% Distilled water ?

Umm but there is any thing else i can do? with the distilled water + ?

Yep, antifreeze for cars. GM's DexCool stuff is red or orange (can't remember which), normal off brand stuff is green, and VW / Audi / Porsche stuff is blue (G11) or red (G12).

You can also look around at places like Performance-PCs and FrozenCPU to find coolant mixes designed for PCs.

Ok i need Blue Coolant Cooler. I need to use Green and Blue two seperate loops.

I already have green Swiftech's Hydrx, now i need blue. What should i do ? I use distillted water + Hydrx.

1. Can i use Anti-freeze from Walmart 50/50.

2. How can i add color to the distilled water like Hydrx.

3. It must be really really cheap.

I don't know of any good ... non-translucent blues (like how the Hydrx is with green). But Pentosin G11 is great, throw in some of Petra's UV dyes in the mix, and it should be a nice effect with the Hydrx under UV.

You can see what these look like here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151825&highlight=dye

Also check out the Lian Li gallery thread in the Case Modding forums here; check out Dark Prodigy's case. he uses voodoo's dye.

I've been using the UV reactive pentosin from petras techshop. Its been working just fine and looks cool under UV CC.

How many drops of Biocides/Algecides i can use in the loop or 1 gallon of distilled water? and thats all i need with the distilled water?

I can always add the color later right?

Back