Cheap compressed air to clean out your PC

MassiveOverkill

[H]ard|Gawd
Try a turkey baster...............serious. Use it at any angle, you can't blow capacitors off with it, yet it's strong enough to remove all stubborn dust, and perfect pressure control,

Whats wrong with Dust Off? :p

Pretty expensive at $5 a can... depends on how often you clean / how much you clean...

I work on other people's computers a lot so I go through can's quite often, and working at a PC store we went through a ridiculous amount.

I usually look out for cheap 5 dollar mini vacuums. They always seem to work well. Especially if you find a mini one with a crevice tool. I've had two that have lasted me for years. Even if they broke I wouldn't feel bad as I've only spent 5 bucks on each. One I got at some random store like Big Lots and the other I got off one of my little sisters school fund raisers.

you can get any type of compressed air cans.. frys sells some that are 3 for 5 bucks the big cans.. some sell 5 for 10 just depends where you look..

also a shop vac(dry vac) or any vacuum that has the vacuum and exhaust feature on it and just use the exhaust part of the vacuum to blow out the inside of the case.. actually found a shop vac to work better then compressor just because it can cover a much larger surface..

Another vote for the "shop vac" method. Works great, unless it's a PC that has had the dust caked on for years, then again even a can of compressed air will struggle to get that stuff off.

Back