Change Your LinkedIn Password NOW

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the fine folks over at Kaspersky Labs, a hacker is advertising 117 million LinkedIn logins and passwords on the internet. If I were you, I would head on over to LinkedIn and change your password and enable two-factor authentication if you haven't done so already.

If you were using the same password on different accounts (email, social networks, etc) change it everywhere ASAP to ensure that hackers can’t log into your other accounts. And use different passwords from now on — reusing the same password is dangerous.

Another day, another site shown as being insecure.

Happens again and I close my linkdin account.

Another day, another site shown as being insecure.

Happens again and I close my linkdin account.

To be fair, this was dated back to 2012 hack events, not a recent one. Google also got hack multiple times, but that just like everyone else. Security can never be perfect.

Isn't this is the second or third time for LinkedIn? I use a password manager, so easy to update and basically having my password on their site won't do you much good.

Well I updated mine. One of these days I need to sit down and do random passwords for each sites.

Thanks Steve, my account is actually pretty important to me. I'd hate to have it messed with.

Isn't this is the second or third time for LinkedIn? I use a password manager, so easy to update and basically having my password on their site won't do you much good.

Got a suggestion on which password manager to use?

I have a unique password for LinkedIn and honestly I don't even really care enough about it to go to the trouble of changing the password. Seems like the whole idea of signing up for LinkedIn to get hired is kind of a scam anyway. Am I wrong?

LinkedIn password, lol who even cares.. They'd be doing me a favor. Such a spam cesspool of a business

" hacker is advertising 117 million logins and passwords, from the breach back in 2012. "

So if you are using the same password as 4 years ago, then change it...

Lol haven't changed that password in years. They can take it... Thanks for the heads up though.

Side bar: What are people doing for password apps these days? I have this fear of password apps going extinct and me losing my access to all of my accounts...

This was a good reminder to close my linkedin account.

My password was NachoCat123. I hope they get good money for it, it's a great password! I think that was (is?) my myspace password too lol.

Is there a way to check when your LinkedIn account was created? I forget when I created mine and 2012 was around when I was finishing up college so can't remember...

Also, is there a way to check the list being put out there by said hacker so I can see if mine is on there? lol

Done.

My old password was >75 characters long, though, so good luck to them if they're cracking a hash.

75 characters... Wow dude you be serious with your password apps.

I just max it out whenever I can.

That is impressive they support such a long password. Lot of sites are 8-16...

Meanwhile most of the administration passwords at the company are "password".

This happened in 2012 FYI. Still change ur stuff, but this is just a resurfacing of this info.

" hacker is advertising 117 million logins and passwords, from the breach back in 2012. "

So if you are using the same password as 4 years ago, then change it...

Exactly...This breached happened 4 years ago...

Coworker just had a large sum taken from his bank account, and he used the same password for his linkedin and online banking...

Is there a check somewhere to enter your email and see if your email is on this list?

AFIAK the data taken was from years ago... If you don't change your password at least once a year... then you deserve to have your profile changed to "CEO of Dickbutt Inc".

AFIAK the data taken was from years ago... If you don't change your password at least once a year... then you deserve to have your profile changed to "CEO of Dickbutt Inc".

I'm willing to bet that the grand majority of LinkedIn users haven't changed their passwords from then.

Saw the e-mail this morning. Changed from abcd1234 to 1234abcd. That'll throw 'em for a loop.

Back